• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lawler C Trumpet

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in buying one?
imjazd1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe..you interested in selling one? How much?
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has it listed here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3704961868&category=41400

Looks to be a nice horn to me.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The horn is MINT 100%.. In Raw Brass and plyas like a dream.
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is so good, why are you selling it?
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I am selling is because I never play C anymore. I don't need a C this good I have a old Bach C ML that will do just fine. Someone deserves this horn more than I do. It is just sitting in the case.
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same isler that caused the big hubbub over the Martin Commitee Auction earlier, FWIW...

[ This Message was edited by: oneeyedhobbit on 2004-02-22 03:51 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude everyone needs to get over that martin committee. Its just a trumpet.
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I merely reference it in relation to business ethics. You still seem to be getting bids on your Lawler, and I'm certain it will sell. But I disagreed whole-heartedly with both yours and the sellers conduct--if you issued an apology, I would happily get over it, but you never did such a thing. Instead, you verbally abused many established members of this site.

[ This Message was edited by: oneeyedhobbit on 2004-02-22 03:51 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey one ey you must be out of your mind!! I never verbaly abused anyone they attacked me!! So before you jump to a conclusion you need to get the facts. I think everyone just need something to get bent out of shape over. Its only a piece of pipe. GET OVER IT.!!!!
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree with both sides of the disagreement. It is a piece of metal when you come down to it and there are plenty others out there and better from what I've been reading and seeing. However, it may be a bit unethical to purchase outside of Ebay with the intent of relisting on Ebay within a couple days to make a quick dollar. I'm sure the original seller of the Martin has no idea that you resold the Committee; and at a profit at that. It would be like me purchasing your Lawler C or Flugel outside of Ebay and then reselling it/them for a profit on Ebay that you should have made in the first place; all of this without you knowing. I suppose that's just business when you think about it.

I myself have purchased and sold many horns on Ebay as well as other places. I can honestly say that I have used every horn bought and sold on some occasion/gig/concert before keeping it or just selling it outright (with the exception of one lemon of a Strad). There are some that I just could not live without (keepers) and others that I could just live with (sellers) and so I have sold them over time. Those sold have proven to be other player's treasures so I am very happy with that as their new owners are. Only on a rare occasion do I ever make a profit on my auctions, especially now days. I only make enough to cover PayPal and Auction fees. It's way too difficult and time consuming to try and make money off of Ebay on used horns.

You my friend are selling very nice equipment and I am quite sure you are not trying to scam anyone. I think we all know that. However, coming on the Trumpet Herald to ask advice on the horns and ultimately their value only to go and sell them might tend to get on peoples' bad sides ... even back when you were selling those Mt. Vernon mouthpieces. I say to do whatever makes you happy and to make an honest dollar where you can. Just don't abuse the system.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If more people would be like Josh things would be more understanding
wardsd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
If more people would be like Josh? I think Isler should try to be more like Josh. He is an honest person - please use him as a role model. I find it interesting it is just a piece of pipe now, but it sure wasn't when you were Pumping this list for information while at the same time negotiating an off-Ebay purchase cheap enough to be able to make a profit.

I also buy and sell on Ebay, but I win my items fairly first.

Steve
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

Here we go again dude just let it go!
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here, wardsd. You seem to have a few inconsistencies in your descriptions isler. The Committee you cheated ebay on was "too important to miss" but for these other issues its relegated to pipe? I detect some double standards.
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not let the committee get away but the horn was just not for me. An yeah thats all the trumpet is is a piece of pipe. I make my living as full time trumpet player and have for many years. I did cruise ships for years and another trumpet player that I played with who was one of Wyntons old students once told me don't let the trumpet take advantage of you it's only a piece of pipe. Take it for what you want but the minute I start having problems with my playing I think of that.
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<it may be a bit unethical to purchase outside of Ebay with the intent of relisting on Ebay within a couple days to make a quick dollar. >>

I don't know anything more about the issue so I may be missing plenty of facts about this specific issue. But I wish to say that there is NOTHING unethical about reselling a product for a quick dollar. It's precisely what makes capitalism work. Without it we'd all be sitting around complaining about the incredibly bad workmanship of our state supplied horn, if we could get one at all. Best regards, Kyle
oneeyedhobbit
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, the problem wasn't so much that isler bought the horn and immediatly re-sold it. The problem was that isler cut a deal with the seller to end the auction early, a blatant violation of ebay's contract, and also a rip-off to the other bidders. Its sad that the seller agreed to it.
isler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get over it.
SPITTY
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what went down with the Martin and ebay, etc . . . but I have to say that after reading this thread I would avoid buying a horn on ebay now. Everyone (like Josh) should be upfront and honest, it's not that difficult. I sold a GR MP on GR's classified area, listed the price, was contacted by a buyer who agreed and I shipped the piece when I got his money order - it's not difficult, unless you're trying to make money off of your fellow musicians/trumpet players.

Just my 2 cents,
Spitty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: