• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Bach LT180-43

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm looking for a new, or used, lightweight bach 43. I found one on ebay, but i don't know if it's worth it. Could someone let me know if this person is legit or if this horn could be a lemon. Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=3706627748
bgwbold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the seller, but if you bid, you have bought it since the minimum bid is equal to the "buy it now" price. The price may be fine, but to me it seems a little rich. There are several outlets that sell on the internet like Dillon's etc. where you can return the instrument if you are unsatisfied with it. Dillon's has two LT180-43s listed at the moment. I am not connected to Dillons, I just did not want to mis-speak about the price without looking first.

Mike
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this guys stuff before and he has over 1100 positive feed backs so I would venture to say he is legit.

As for the horn ,its getting up there in price.You will have to make the call if you think its a good deal on it or not.I think you could shop around and find a new one in the $1900 price range if you look hard enough.

Great horn.I wish I had one.

In the $1200 buck price range you can get some really nice Kanstul instruments.Kanstul cct-900 can be had in the $900 buck range and Its real close to what this is.
Good luck and happy bidding.
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BIN price is $1260. I think that's pretty good for a "mint" horn. If the guy's got really good feedback, then the horn probably really is mint. Looks like a great deal to me.

Dave
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the dillion horns.

http://www.dillonmusic.com/used_instruments/usedinstruments.asp?instrument=Used+Bb+Trumpets
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the feedback. I saw those horns on dillons before, they look pretty nice. ecspecially that old LT 43. I think its serial # puts it around 1975 or so. But im kinda concered, it says some minor pitting. Do you think that could be a problem?
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There look like some good deals on that link.
I saw this horn a Silveplated 100B "Doc Severinsen Model" trumpet is in very good condition. 1 brace shows solder marks. Good horn, does not come with a case.

Looks like a great buy.

I am glad I found this link.It gives you a real good Idea what horns are bringing.They also state that all of the horns are gone though and chemically cleaned and serviced.

Anyone actually bought any horns from dillion and have feedback?
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller is definitely legit with OUTSTANDING feedback. As far as the horn being a lemon, you really won't be able to tell until you play the horn. This seller obviously represents some sort of music store based on his other auctions. He has a lot of other Bach Strad's for sale if you have noticed"

10 model 37's : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=2570068688

10 model 43's : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=2570069571

In all these descriptions, it describes that he purchased all the horns back that were on rental plans ... all of them though? I might question that. Also, this being a music store, I might also ask myself, "Why didn't the horn sell already in the first place?" It is a music store after all. Maybe different players came in and decided that the horn did not play well enough to buy. This is just something you would want to consider. I wouldn't pay that much for a questionable horn. They have many other used horns on Ebay for much less of the price, and that were probably the product of people trying out horns and selecting the best of the bunch.

Dillon Music is also another great option ... they have a couple LT 43's from what I see also .. might be kind of high priced, especially without a case .. but they do offer a week trial period. And they honor it all the way!
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Featured Products

They also have a fantastic buy on this horn.Its on sale for $1495

Bach 37S Special Price
The most popular of all Bach Stradivarius trumpets for good all-around playing. Features standard weight body and bell, and standard construction #25 mouthpipe (except for extra-large and Vindabona bores). Most musicians prefer the 180 with .459" medium-large bore, #37 bell flare, and silver-plated finish. Includes Bach 7C Trumpet Mouthpiece.

[ This Message was edited by: camel lips on 2004-02-24 18:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: camel lips on 2004-02-24 18:48 ]
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, i think i'm gonna stay away from the one on ebay. How about pitting. Does minor pitting cause any problems, or can it lead to more serious problems.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think so in my opinion. It's only a problem if red rot occurs. I would call them and ask them how the newer one plays as opposed to the older one. Keep in mind that they both do not come with a case though. The newer one for $50 more does not have the pitting problem ... it also has an Amado Water key installed on the 3rd valve slide. Someone must have thought it was a good horn to invest in to have that added ... or bought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that the newer one might be in a little better shape. But im interested in the old one because the serial number puts it around 1975 or so.
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1974 to 1980 where reported to be the bad years for Bach.But one forum expert stated that although a lot of Bach's were dog's during this period there were some that really shined.

I like the comfort of knowing I have a week inspection at Dillion.I also like the fun and challenge of trying to find a deal on EBAy.

Judging the Dillon prices from what I have seen Bach's sell for on Ebay they look like they are getting top dollar for them but peace of mind does come at some sort of price I am sure.
bgwbold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tire kicking regarding prices, but 50 dollars cheaper might not be enough difference for a much older horn. It could be a gem, but you never know.

Mike
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, thats what I was wondering. I really would like to try each one right after one another. But i dont know if that is possible. As for the case, thats not a problem, i've got an extra one.
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just purchase both of them and have the understanding that you are going to examine them side by side and return the worst one of the bunch?
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, but i can't afford 2,300 dollars. I could buy one then return it, and then buy the other one. But thats just way to complicated with all the shipping back and forth
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that.Good luck in what ever you decide.
2toneTerri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for everybody's input, i've got some thinking to do
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also consider a cheap alternative on Ebay perhaps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3706751749&category=41400

Best of luck in whatever you decide!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: