• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Check this out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larrios
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I just visited Bert's website and noticed it was updated recently. There is great stuff there that I think you should all have a look at.

Yes, Bert, a little bit of free advertising for you. Hope you don't mind it. I know that the Dutch trumpetworld is going to change quite a bit, in not a very distant future, and you'll play an important part in the process.

Follow the link below to find Bert's site:

http://www.euronet.nl/users/wiebert/

Ko
oj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko,

Thanks for telling us.

I knew that Bert had a webpage, but now thanks to you, Ko, I have also put a link to him from my link-page. (See under Artist section).

The part about BE is excellent and should open up for more people taking a serious interest in this indirect method and dynamic development system. The text really explained these concepts very well.

Ole

P.S.
Bert, was it the valve trombonist, Bob Brookmeyer, you studied with, or is there a dutch "Bob" with almost the same name?
BobList
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only two truths about trumpet:

#1 Truth: One day, she's a loving partner full of caresses and longing for you, a gentle sensitive partner who caters to your every desire.

#2 Truth: The next day, a she-Devil Bitch from Hell who wants to ruin your life is too good a term.

We just go and do it again, hoping for more days like # 1.

( loose quote from a player, somewhere)

Bob List, Bawlmer
HJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Ko,

Thanks for letting the rest know. I thought about letting the people in the forum know about my updated website and the BE part, but for some reason ( shyness???) I did not. I am glad, though, that you did this. OK, people, I updated my website for everybody to visit. There is not really anything new about BE, but maybe the personal touch makes people think again. The thing that is new is that I made a translation in Dutch of the most important principles of BE. In the English version I just linked to Jeffs page, but for Dutch people it will be the first time they can read about BE in their own language.

Thanks for linking, Ole. I put a link to you on my website,but it does not work, maybe you can mail me the right URL again?
And Bob is Bob Brookmeyer, the American valve trombone player. He resided in Rotterdam for quite some time and I took some very interesting lessons from him. He was way ahead of me, but he gave me a totally different view on composing and arranging which was quite a challenge. It is a pity that I did not take trumpet lessons from him, I understood that he has some nice things to say about improvisation.
HJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Bob List,

I don't really know why you put this comment under this thread, but I must say that since I do Jeffs exercises, the relationship with my horn was never better. We fell in love once again after almost thirty years. Isn't that something?

Bert
oj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert,

My URL is:

http://abel.hive.no/trumpet/

O.J.
BobList
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why that post got here also...I posted it under the thread " 10 Truths" elsewhere...huh...wierd.. Bob List
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko, thanks for posting this!

Bert's writing - his clarity in expression - has impressed me from the very beginning. Leave it to you English-as-a-second-language guys out there (Bert, Ko, Ole, etc) to come up with the most creative ways of viewing and expressing the BE principles.

Regarding Bert's site, I also think that its very cool to click onto the flag and suddenly the whole explanation is in Dutch.

Thanks for your efforts Bert! Please feel free to post any information about future clinics.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: