• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 43 found a happy home

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camel lips
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you may remember my post about me giving my son my old Bach 43 ml 1970's vintage.

Anyways I was tickled pink to see the surprise on his face when I gave it to him but not to soon after I did It I started to miss it.

Today I got in the Bach that I won on ebay last week for $899 that replaces that part of my heart that was missing.

Its a Bach 43 ml serial number 329xxx which puts it in 1989 vintage.

The seller didn't know squat about horns.Seems she got this horn when some guy didn't pay his storage rental bill.

I won't say she mis represented the horn.Its in excellent shape.She did however fail to mention the two pimple shaped dents on different sides of the bell and one small dent up near the crook.

Overall I am pleased with this horn.The finish is 100% in tact and the valves are smooth like butter.I spent several hours cleaning this horn up.It was gunk ed up on the inside something bad but after several soakings and wipe outs it came clean as a whistle.

I compared it next to the Kanstul 610 that I reported about in another thread and the Bach just beats it to a pulp.The tone is much darker and the valves,ohhh the valves.They are what make a Bach as far as I am concerned.

Anyways you won't be seeing me put this one up on EBay anytime soon.That is unless I run across a better one or a super horn of some type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: