• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Positive trumpetherald selling/buying experiences!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Washington BC
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some wonderful experiences buying and selling equipment on TH. We are all very lucky that such a free service exists! My main advice to anyone considering buying is ASK FOR MANY CLEAR PICTURES!

FWIW,

BC
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had very good experiences buying and selling as well on the TH, although I am currently having issues with someone in the Bb Marketplace. I believe it is a recent nuisance to the site who won't seem to leave me alone.

I prefer selling here as to Ebay as I know that true professionals will be receiving my equipment rather than beginner students who will not care for the item correctly or give it the playing attention it deserves.

All that, and it's FREE too!!!

Can't ask for more if you ask me .... well except to get that botheration out of the Bb Marketplace maybe.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with buying on the TH Marketplace is everyone knows what their horns are worth!! Seriously, purchasing here I feel more confident of getting the whole story, as you are dealing with knowledgable sellers, as opposed to the 'oh gee, look what I found in the closet, let's sell it on ebay' approach.
WFUnix
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that bothers me is when people sell Cornets, C trumpets, mouthpieces, etc. in other sections (especially the Bb section). I imagine it's cause they think they can get more people to view what they're selling there.

Otherwise, I think the Marketplace is great!
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The annoyance of people putting everything into the Bb section of the Marketplace is huge - can't people read?

I have only purchased one instrument from our Marketplace, unfortunately it was a dog - however, it has had positive results - it has stopped me looking through Ebay and the Marketplace looking for yet more toys to add to the collection!

The trumpet itself is about to have major work done to it to get it up and running properly. In time it may prove worth the effort.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the Moderators please address what is being posted in the Marketplace (Bb). Besides the useless ads of lenrichards@itt.net (Brent) .. now this person is posting as the Moderator. If this person were really a moderator, then I would have been banned, my ads would be removed, etc. without all the extra verbiage.

I have been biting my tongue as much as I can bare. I have emailed the moderators twice and nothing has been done yet. Is the Marketplace not monitored as much as the forum?

I believe they should implement a way that not just anyone can post in the forum, i.e. it should be a member of the TH with a username and password. This would prevent someone claiming to be George Bush or someone outrageous like that making an outlandish post.

Once those posts are removed, I will remove my response to the "email not found" one where I revealed who is clearly doing it.

Thanks,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_Old_mod_account
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moderators are not empowered to act in the marketplace, only the in forum area. Only Todd has control over the Marketplace. I am sure that he will get to this as soon as he is aware of it.

JOPHST is telling the truth. The posts in the marketplace purporting to be from the moderators are spurious attacks on JOPHST by a troll. Please disregard this. We will endeavor to find the culprit and ban him/her from TH immediately.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch. I jumped the gun without giving the Moderators enough time to address the issue. I didn't realize beforehand that Todd was the only one that could alter and/or remove the ads entirely.

I still believe that a higher security method of posting in the Marketplace should be implemented ... very similar to the process of posting in the forum.

Hope this gets resolved soon,
Trumpet_Mom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently posted two horns on the Marketplace and sold both in under a week to reliable sources. (That means fast payments and no bounced checks.) Plus I've successfully sold several mouthpieces. I haven't tried buying anything yet, but I'm open to buying from here. This site seems to be a trustworthy source for trumpets and accessories.
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks a bunch. I jumped the gun without giving the Moderators enough time to address the issue. I didn't realize beforehand that Todd was the only one that could alter and/or remove the ads entirely.

I still believe that a higher security method of posting in the Marketplace should be implemented ... very similar to the process of posting in the forum.

The post supposedly from the moderators is down.

In the near future, ads will have to be posted from your forum username, and anonymous ads will not be allowed.

TD
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will remove both of my 43 SS Bach ads ... the others from "Brent" will no longer make sense though.

I am all in favor of having the new process of posting implemented!

Bb Bachs
- 37 S180ML-24K 284xxx
- 65* ML 154xxx
C - Bach 229/25R
Eb/D - Yamaha 9610
Picc - Yamaha 9830 w/Laskey PIC
Flugel - Jupiter 846RL w/68F
Cornet - Bach 181 w/68DB
Laskeys 68MD,68C

"sense" ... not "since"

[ This Message was edited by: jophst on 2004-04-01 09:17 ]
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had many positive buying and selling experiences on this site. I have dealt with many good people. I really enjoy wheeling and dealing with people that have the same interest with me. It would be cool to meet some of the TH'ers some time. I think the trumpeters on this site are great! This site is one thing I really enjoy in my life.
tryingtocomeback
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past two years I have bought a Bb and a flugel through the marketplace. Both were pleaseant experiences with great people. Both instruments were obviously well cared for by folks who appreciated them. Both instruments were received in excellent condition. The TH Marketplace is a great asset. In my experience, much more reliable than EBay. And you're usually dealing with people you already know (from the various fora).

Will I buy more items through TH Marketplace? Definitely! (Just need some more gigs to help re-establish the instrument fund)

FWIW, YMMV, etc, etc.
Matt
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought a Schilke B5 and a Schilke XA1, in addition to buying and selling many mouthpieces. So far all of my dealings have been outstanding. I did arrange to meet the sellers of the horns in person to try them before purchasing.
PJB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my Yamaha Xeno 8445GS C trumpet last year from a seller listing in the Marketplace. Great horn! Terrific experience! The horn was absolutely mint when I received it. More importantly, I really enjoy playing it! My only other recent experience buying a used horn was via eBay. Unfortunately, that transaction did not go as smoothly although I finally did receive the horn, a 1950 Olds Super.

1974 Benge 3X Bb
1950 Olds Super
2002 Yamaha Xeno 8445GS C
2004 Kanstul ZKF 1525 Flugel
zipdude
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a couple of mouthpieces and a few books on the TH marketplace. Everything went smoothly and I wasn't disappointed in any of the transactions.

Mike
GTM
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my experiences on the TH, and eBay, have been positive (thankfully)!

Maybe just lucky...or very careful!

Blessings,
Golden Trumpet Ministries
Endorsing Artist - Wedge Mouthpieces and Phaeton Trumpets and Flugelhorns
drdoct
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a gold plate Wick 2 cornet mp off someone here and it came in perfect condition. Unfortunately I dont have the funds anymore to play around buying things.
etownfwd
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 5 or 6 months ago I made a smooth trade with someone through the marketplace. Although I have not purchased from the mktplc yet, all good things come in due time...
-efwd
Horn of Praise
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late last year I listed my Getzen Eterna 700s in the TH Classifieds. It only took a couple weeks to sell. The buyer sent me a money order from California. I shipped the horn after I received payment (and packed it to withstand a nuclear exchange). Everything went smoothly. We were both very happy.

This free TH service is great. But...ebay still scares me! All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: