• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stomvi at airstream music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had the opportunity to play the Stomvi Master piccolo trumpet. I am not an experianced piccolo trumpet player but this horn had a beautiful ring and played wonderfully in tune. Now all I have to do is figure out how to pay for it ! If your interested in Stomvi and Marcinkowitz(sp????) david leonnig at http://www.airstreammusic.com has these lines. He was really great about letting me try out the horn
riffdawg2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played the Master ... but I have a Stomvi Elite ... and I love it! Great little horn. Several other TH members have played it also, and I constantly get the same 'excellent' reply.
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw a Stomvi Elite piccolo in the clearance section on http://www.wwbw.com this morning for about $1,500.
Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traded in my Schilke P5-4 and a lot of $$ to get my Stomvi Master from CamBrass. This horn comes standard with a yellow brass bell and a sterling silver bell. I also bought the Woody, which really makes the horn mellow. Great for baroque.

This horn has excellent intonation in both A and Bb. Mine is silver plated with gold trim, but someday it will be gold plated.

Excellent picc, and Carlos at Cambrass is great to work with......

Mike
Buzzman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoken with Dave Leonnig at Airstream music and he is doing a great job getting the horns noticed. I recently bought an F/G Elite from him and am very happy with it. The Bb Elite I use is a very dark horn that can be blown commercially as well. The Piccolo is every bit as good, if not better, than the Schilke I used to have. The Elite line is much more affordable than the Master line and, in my opinion, just doesn't have all the bells and whistles...sorry, it was there. I play lead on a Calicchio, always have, but am considering switching to the Mambo after 20 years of professional playing..
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought some Reeves Mouthpieces from Dave at Airstream Music. He has been extremely helpful and easy to work with. They carry GR Mouthpieces, Reeves. Marcinkiewicz mpcs & horns and Stomvi's - probably some other brands as well. Great guy to work with. I would highly recommend him. I found out about Airstream from dcstep - who lives in Dallas. I am glad he did.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: