• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Eb and C cornets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, after months and months of work and play testing we have finally got our new 3810 C and 3892 Eb Custom Series Cornets in production. For all of you who have been asking about them I can tell you that we are building some as we speak. Delivery time will probably be 60-90 days.

Those of you attending ITG in June should have the chance to check them out for yourselves. I am working on getting new pictures and the specs on these new models up on the website. Pricing on both models will be similar to the 3850 Bb Cornet.

Oh, and this is not an ad. It's just an update for those of you who have asked me about these horns in the past.

Brett Getzen
ZeroMan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update.

I think this was asked before, but I an unable to find the response or remember the answer: do you have plans to build (or resume building) high trumpets in Eb/D and F/G?

I recently tried out a 3850 cornet. I was unaccustomed to the triggers, but I thought the instrument had an indentifiably rounder sound than the 3050 trumpet.
KevinInGeorgia
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they on the website yet so we can see the Specs?? My Soprano player has been playing my Old Eb Getzen & would be interested in playing the New Soprano.. He wants an Eb Soprano & likes the larger bore of my Getzen .. He is looking at trying a Courtois since they are one of the few Larger bore soprano's but since you have yours in production he would love to test it..

Hey ASEMASTER (Bill) if you see this post jump in tell Brett how bad you want a new soprano

Thanks,
Kevin

“Heroes turn into martyrs on this instrument.” ~ William Vacchiano
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't be on the website for a least another week or so. I don't even have pics of them yet.

The 3892 Eb cornet will be a match to the 3850 Bb. Same valve set with a .462" bore and nickel silver balusters. Just like the 3850, the Eb will come standard with a seamless copper bell and have an optional yellow brass bell. So far everyone that likes the 3850 has really liked the 3892. In fact, one of our English dealers took one of the prototypes after the show in Frankfurt so he could show it around in England at his shop.

The 3810 is going to be very similar to what is shown on the website now. It will also have the .462" bore valve section with nickel silver balusters. Unlike the 3850 and 3892, it will come only with a one piece, hand hammered, yellow brass bell. Like I said before we were playing around with several different designs and modifications of this horn before we settled on one. It has been played, played again, and played some more. So far we have gotten great feedback on the final production model.

As for the Eb/D trumpets we'll have to wait and see. Edwards currently has an Eb/D in their arsenal, but the demand is so low that they don't even advertise it really. I guess we'll see where things go with the C cornet and Eb cornet and just go on from there.

Brett Getzen
Getzenguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett,

One of your sales reps. has sent a 3850 to my friendly local music store for me to play test, I hope I fall in love with it. I really liked the 800's that I have played in the past. I look forward to the Eb getting out and having a chance to try it as well. Mark
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. I hope it meets up to the praise it has received from some players on the TH. Keep me, and the rest, posted on what you think of it.

Brett
trombapaul2
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me as being in line to try an Eb!!! can't wait. Thanks!

Paul

"NEVER look at the trombones...it only encourages them" (R. Strauss)

"What the hell does sound have to do with music?" (Charles Ives)
asemaster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another WEEK? I don't know if I can wait that long.

Well, maybe I can. (looking in the checkbook)
Anyone with $$
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it helps the checkbook side of things you won't able to buy one for a few months. Production on the 3810 C has already started but the first 25 are already bought and paid for so that should pretty much wipe out the first batch. The Eb's are just now getting going and will take a bit longer. If I had to guess I would say that delivery on a newly ordered C would be about 60 days and on the Eb would be about 90. Of course, if orders start coming in that will be sped up a bit to meet the demand.

I'm hoping to be able to send a 3810 C and a 3892 Eb off to the photographers next week and put them on the web as soon as the photos come back. I'll let you know when they are up.

Brett
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the next edition of the Getzen Gazette will feature our cornet line. The cover story is about the two new editions and there are a few articles about cornet playing and the evolution of the instrument. If you want a copy just email me and I'll mail one out to you as soon as it's finished. For that matter, anyone that wants a catalog can email me for one too.

Brett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: