• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jim Hynes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptwannabe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know of a studio player in NY named Jim Hynes? From what I've heard he works alot, and I think I saw him in the band in the movie "Mona Lisa Smile".
tptwannabe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever heard this guy, or know him? I went to college with him and want to get in touch.
"Jim Hynes is about the busiest studio trumpet player in New York City. He can be heard on countless TV and radio jingles, as well as many news and sports themes including ABC World News Tonight, 20120, Nightline, Monday Night Football, Fox News, CNBC News, as well as many more. He has also recorded with Celine Dion, Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, the Band, Bob James, Hootie and the Blowfish, Cyndi Lauper, Bernadette Peters, Richard Bona and Santana. He has performed with a number of artists such as Natalie Cole, Rosemary Clooney, Jack Jones, Frank Sinatra Jr., Henry Mancini, Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick, Huey Lewis and the News, as well as many others. He can also be heard on many movie soundtracks, including a performance with the Baha Men for the movie Shrek. Jim also plays regularly with Paul Simon and has just returned from a very successfull European tour. Along with a busy playing career, Jim finds time to do clinics and concerts throughout the country. He holds a Bachelor's Degree from Ithaca College and a Master's Degree from the Eastman School of Music, where he was an Associate Professor of Music in the Jazz Studies Program. When not playing, Jim can usually be found on the golf course."

[ This Message was edited by: tptwannabe on 2004-04-30 10:43 ]
JeffWhite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 years later...

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/oak-ridge-anderson/buds-farmhouse-coffee-shop-blends-music-with-business-in-oak-ridge/51-41c7f8c4-4eac-4780-b6bb-90f7224ffdb8

Jeff White
======
Bb Trumpet Bach 72* w/Blackburn 20 pipe
Yamaha cornet
Kanstul flugel
Max pocket trumpet
Laskey and Pickett mouthpieces
BreakFromTheHerd
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Hynes directed the University of Rochester Jazz Ensemble when I was in the Rochester Institute of Technology Jazz Ensemble across town. He joined our trumpet section for one concert. I think our lead player couldn't make it for some reason. Jim was quite a player back then.

Last edited by BreakFromTheHerd on Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
cjl
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good golly! I go through Oak Ridge on Illinois Ave fairly often visiting grandkids in Oliver Springs. I’ll have to go up the turnpike and find this place next time I’m there.
— Joe
Don Ellis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.jimhynestrumpet.com/?fbclid=IwAR0JTsoDC62cE3OyTbGQJiX_vYuzzcjor6hph7YvyuM_z3fKBChGVQflZPg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: