• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pair of Mt. Vernons

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chstrpt

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41400&item=3721593926&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Nice looking pair of horns, but my head hurts from trying to understand what a "promulgation of sagacious erudition" or "perspicacious dictums" is from the item description!

It will be interesting to see what kind of $$ these end up going for but for now better whip out my Webster's Dictionary.

CHS
a-okay
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOO BAD WE CANT ACTUALLY SEE THE DUMB FOLKS OR THE POTENTIAL SHILL BIDDING GOING ON TOO.

P.T. BARNUM LOVERS BEWARE - THIS WAY TO THE EGRESS
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. Those are some sweet looking horns.
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn pretty horns. Satan has pretty horns, too. I just said that because it sounded funny. Any resemblance to actual individuals is coincidental.
mheffernen5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those trumpets are awesome looking...
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-okay--if you can't afford them that is one thing but to say anything about it that your aren't absolutely sure about is a crime -- literally. You do this all the time and I just thought I would point it out. If you look at the more high priced items on ebay -- which by the loks of things you can't or never do then you would have figured out by now that seller's of higher priced items protect bidder's identities to assure confidentiality and to asure that they will not be contacted by other sellers with similar items. That is why ebay has the private bidding system. I hope you can understand this.
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes they do look awesome ! If I had the bucks and the need for to Mt. Vernons I would definitely be interested. I've never seen a Model 72 Mt. Vernon, I wish he had included pictures of the engraving on the bells.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... a new member as of a few minutes ago ... and you're accusing A-Okay of doing something "all the time"? It sure sounds a lot like someone who has participated lots in this particular seller's auction disputes in the past has resurrected under another username.

Of course, we all realize that it is very likely the seller himself trying to get another thread thrown out. Time will tell.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also "Disney" ... you should know that this seller constantly contacts his bidders outside of Ebay trying to sell the horns that way rather than going through the buyer-protected auction process of Ebay. He also ends his auctions early to avoid Ebay fees. Does that sound like an honest seller in your opinion? Why attack the posters of the TrumpetHerald?

All of our opinions are justified by our past experiences with this seller. Noone ever said those horns do not look gorgeous ... cause they do of course. Everyone would love to have those Mt. Vernons. Based off some TH members' experiences, it is very unlikely that we will receive them even if we win and pay for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you and what do you have to do with this ? I have always been checking out the TH and decided to join today, is that an impossible thing to you ? Sorry that it strains your capacity. O.k., jophst, are you the one that was suggesting to many TH members that there is 'are sneaky ways to leave feedback' for people you don't like on ebay. You posted this exact statement about a week ago. Is this you ?
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you also said that you know many ways of getting around ebay's rules. If I have the wrong person, I apologize, but I'm pretty sure it was you. You make it seem on TH that you are down for honesty and report auctions and then you post specific suggestions on how to get around the aby feedback and bidding sysytems which are there to protect us all. Why did you do this ?
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF I have your right user name it would seem that no one would really take you seriously anymore because you are actually suggesting on how to find ways to break the ebay rules and at the same time you post endless comments about what you think aassume or however you come to those things regarding dishonest activit. Isn't what you recommended/suggested to other TH members dishonest also ? You said that you could help them get around the bidding process and leave "sneaky feedback' correct ?
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... at least we know who we are dealing with yet again.

I was merely trying to help out an innocent individual who was scammed by a seller on Ebay. I certainly hope he follows through on it. In no way did I ever encourage this practice or say that it was the right thing to do. In his case, he questioned me privately about it and I told him.

It's pretty uncanny that you remember only posts about threads that refer to the above mentioned seller.... and then specific details that refer to me. And in this case ... it was a thread that was removed ... wow, what a remarkable memory. I'm thinking you had a lot to have it removed ... just like you're trying to get this one removed.

I am an honest seller, and buyer and everyone knows this. I represent everyone's best interest when it comes to online buying/trading and will always offer my most honest opinion about any auction (including yours).

If you have nothing useful to say, please refrain from making any further posts.
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are saying that you told another TH member how to get past the ebay rules ? Correct ? Am I missing something here ?
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this I think that all of us here now realize what your motives are and that you actually practice what you condemn others for. This is the worst kind of insincerity there is. You are now clearly a hypocrite with no morals, ethics or any other redeeming qualities to speak of. I think it is clear who should refrain from posting on this subject.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I told someone how to get revenge on your auctions from you scamming him .. nothing more.

And I really hope he follows though. The world deserves to know who they are dealing with.

My feedback stands for itself also and will continue to grow. You on the other hand will continue to decline in your sales as more and more discover the evil truth about you.

Bb Bachs
- 37 S180ML-24K 284xxx
- 37H LW body ML 81xxx
C - Bach 229/25R
Eb/D - Yamaha 9610
Picc - Yamaha 9830 w/Laskey PIC
Flugel - Jupiter 846RL w/68F
Cornet - Bach 181 w/68DB
Laskeys 68MD,68C

[ This Message was edited by: jophst on 2004-05-02 15:47 ]
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not even making sense anymore. You are now on the Trumpet Herald page admitting that you tell other Trumpet Herald members how to scam ebay and get by th rules for leaving appropriate and legitimate feedback. That is what you just said. I guess you've pretty much let everyone know who and what you are.
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope ... just told him how to do it on you and your auctions s*******ke since you stole his $1800 which is the very least he could do to repay you.

I will do everything in my power to see people like you go down for there scandalous actions. Everyone knows who you are "Disney". Noone but the owner of those auctions would take such offense to people discussing them ... just like the thread you got removed last week.

Just realize that you will never win the approval of the TrumpetHerald and go away already.

Bb Bachs
- 37 S180ML-24K 284xxx
- 37H LW body ML 81xxx
C - Bach 229/25R
Eb/D - Yamaha 9610
Picc - Yamaha 9830 w/Laskey PIC
Flugel - Jupiter 846RL w/68F
Cornet - Bach 181 w/68DB
Laskeys 68MD,68C

[ This Message was edited by: jophst on 2004-05-02 16:08 ]
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIME OUT!

Eight posts, all on this same subject, by a new person who even posts over and over before others reply. Hmmmmmm . . . we've seen this same thing before, and seen this tactic employed to attack the same poster in an effort to shut down a thread.

TWO POINTS:

1. REVEILLE . . . Disney8vatrumpets, whoever you are, please take this dispute with the other poster to the "Reveille" section so this thread can stay on subject.

That is what the Reveille section is for. Also, if the moderators discover that this new poster is simply a new reincarnation of the same person I hope they will ban him.

2. LET'S KEEP THIS TOPIC ON TASK AND ALLOW IT TO BE DISCUSSED!

This particular thread is about those two Mt. Vernons that keep popping up again and again on e-bay. Same seller, same secrecy, same hidden registration of bidders . . . and never a sale evidently.

This fact is troubling to me and others, and I would like to FINALLY see this thread stay on topic and be discussed.

IF . . . Disney8vatrumpets is actually the seller of those two horns I'd welcome this person identifying himself . . . and then I'd welcome his/her input on this situation . . . as well as an explanation as to why he/she chooses to do business on e-bay this way.

THIS post should remain focused on those TWO MT. VERNONS . . . AND THEIR "SELLER!"

BACK ON SUBJECT PLEASE!!!

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

[ This Message was edited by: tom turner on 2004-05-02 17:20 ]
Disney8vatrumpets

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just merely pointing out that Jophst says he is honest and then turns around on the very forum that he says all this and supposedly gives advice AND THEN BLATANTLY AND SPECIFICALLY RECOMMENDS to Trumpet Herald members TO POST "SNEAKY" illegal feedback on ebay, he also said that he has TRICKS ON HOW TO GET AROUND EBAY RULES IN ORDER TO GET REVENGE. THAT IS WHAT JOPHST SAID. If I knew who this guy was I would definitely be more specific as to who he is so we can watch out for him. He definitely won't be getting hired at the magic castle anytime soon !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: