• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

pros opinion of Yamaha quality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodfishe

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

professional players here's you chance to speak uncandidlly and unbialsed opininion of your personal. experience with Yamaha corportion and there trumpets do you recommlend them or endorse them or wouldn't want to be seen with them in public (kinda like our parents when we were hangin out with our friends) in middle school praise or abuse here's your chance all you STrad and Zeno owners ps not tryng to start another world war unbiased opinions please. no Yamaha employees dealers or family memebers please or Bach corporation employees dealers or family members as well inquiry are Yamaha Trumpets good or not don't be afraie to speak up just pretend youre in the sixties.
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a 6335 (with a Najoom leadpipe) - love it.
I recommend Yamaha to all students (best quality student trumpets I have found).

When it comes to them upgrading to professional instrument level, I will make certain that the Xeno is always in the list of trumpets they try. The majority come back with Xenos and (having helped a fair number of them choose), they do sound fantastic.

If I was buying a new trumpet, I would probably be heading down the Xeno road (especially if the Malone'd models are as good as they are supposed to be).

I use a Maestro cornet and have found very few that match it in terms of quality of sound or build.
My rotary is Yamaha. It blends very well with all the main rotary makes and has a gorgeous sound when I use it for solo pieces.

You could put me down as a Yamaha fan!!!
richard ebbole

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE BEEN A BACH FINANTIC FOR A LONG TIME....THEN I TRIED A YAMAHA ZENO. WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING! THERE IS, IN MY OPINION, NO COMPARISON. iN WORKMANSHIP, QUALITY AND EASE OF PLAYING. IF YOU HAVE'NT TRIED ONE, YOU'RE IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE. I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT THE WHOLE WORLD IS BACH CRAZY...WHY????
davo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to Larry Black (Leather Specialties) yesterday and found out that the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra uses Yamaha trumpet (and flugelhorns).
goodfishe

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks fellas for your courage and honety i was looking at an ad in the wwbw catalog about yamaha and a famous jazz artist was endorsing yamaha brass and i have to admit alot of people think yamaha putsout a good product and i am thinking my next purchase may be a Yamaha thanks for the good advice a million people can't be wrong. but then it is a matter of personal preference too. and experience the proof of the pudding is in the eating
mheffernen5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha is known to be more consistent with their line of instruments.
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing Yamaha products for over 10 years and am very pleased with them. I would recommend them to anyone seeking a quality instrument.
Cliff Fitch
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As probably the newest owner here of a Yamaha Xeno (about 8 hours), I have to say they are incredible. I havent been able to put it down all evening. It plays so easy and has one of the nicest tones I have ever heard. The upper register is easier than 90% of the horns I have played. The valves are super smooth and fast as are the slides. Upon close examination, the fit and finish is flawless. Solder joints are very clean and solid. Mine is a standard 8335 in lacquer. I have been very pleased with every Yamaha instrument I have ever owned. I ,too, was a hardcore Bach fan for many years. I will stick with Yamaha. Its the one horn on the market that I dont have to worry about "play-testing" before I plunk down my hard earned money. Cliff
improver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im one of those Bach converts. the xeno makes me a better trumpet player because the rev ld pipe version has such a big sound and is open effortless. there is a beautiful rgm on ebay. the xeno isnt as prjected as a #37 but the sound is big when you get on it. the intonation on the new yammys are awesome
trptsbaker
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can order a Yamaha trumpet from a catalog, have it delivered to the concert hall or club or wherever it is you are playing, open the box onstage, take the horn out, oil it up and start playing and sound, essentially, perfectly comfortable. They are that good. T.
Tom LeCompte
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodfishe,

I don't own a Yamaha - I play a Bach. But I've played a few Yamahas, and they are very fine horns, and getting better all the time. One strength of Yamaha is consistency - you can play your buddy's horn, order your own from a catalog, and when it arrives, it will be as you remembered it.

Not everyone likes the sound of Yamahas; but that could be said of many (if not all) manufacturers.

I would recommend you trying one if you can. I'd also look at their 4335, which is claimed to be an intermediate trumpet, but I think it sounds and plays extrordinarily well.

Cheers,

Tom
goodfishe

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i posed the quetion to the forum i didn't expect so many endorsments and positive feed back. i didn't realize that Yamaha had e so many follwers not intended in negative way in fact the people behind Yamaha would be very proud to do such good work and have such appreciaion for the strides they have made in the brass instrument trade. being a keyboard and guitar palyer also i can't say i like they're guitars and keyboards as much as i like they're horns. i have the Yamaha silent brass system and I'm not as impressed as much with it as well but they're trumpets have been consistent wich works in their favor and the quality is excllent as well as cutting edge. i thank you guys for your generosity and wish you many fine years with your Yamaha instruments enjoy!!! keep jazz alive keep music alive !!! peace
t
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: