• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

First note in 39 years!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldblow
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! Olds horns are addictive! My Olds LA Ambassador came a couple of weeks ago, but I have been working too hard and entertaining my visiting daughter too much to really work with it. But tomorrow, after she flies back to Manhattan, it goes into the tub. Then, it will go somewhere (Marietta, GA) for one dent, and valve and cork stuff. The old lacquer is still in good shape.

Since this thread started a while back, I have played music, and not much in the way of excercises. Saturday morning, before leaving for Saint Simons, I played Star Dust, imagining my self as doing a lead line with the Atlanta 17. My daughter was somewhat impressed, and I felt good enough to resolve to really practice before her next visit at Christmas.

Good luck to all you other old comebackers!
richardwy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felton, great news!! Keep at it. I'm playing a horn from '58 and it had been 23 year layoff for me.

Happy Practicing

Richard Oliver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: