• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Step up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First let me say that I have nothing to do with this trumpet and I DO NOT know the seller but I have played these quite a lot (it's the Stamm model advertised with the European model number) and they are great trumpets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=3725977404&rd=1

Ideal for somebody looking to step up inexpensively and, with luck, keep for the rest of your playing career.

Hope it helps somebody.

Regards

Trevor
bgwbold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mentioned this before, but I do not understand why people do hidden bids on a horn that is not an antique or special interest instrument. This is no reflection on this particular sale, but just a comment about this trend in eBay. Personally, I would not bid on something if I could not tell who I was bidding against.

Mike
mheffernen5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a great one someone ought to enjoy this one
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone play one of these models? I have a local high school student who is looking for a step up trumpet, and has a reasonable budget to work with. He has played all 6 Bachs he could lay hands on, several Yamahas, the Conn V1 (his present choice). He played one of the local musician's French Besson, and fell in love imediately, but this horn is not for sale. He went to try Kanstuls specifically to try a Classic, but they did not have one in stock.

I do not recommend any student buy a trumpet without playing it first, and he and his parents have taken this to heart. Having said that, I am thinking about sending them this auction. Any comments from anyone would be appreciated.
camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi plp,

Like I said, I have played and still own one and can highly recommend them....very Bach like without the raffle.

Apart from this one I think Dillons have a few used ones (slightly differnt configurations) and Gary Radtke (GR) has his personal Classic for sale on his website.

Hope thsi helps.

Regards

Trevor
camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Here's the link to the GR classifieds.

http://www.grmouthpieces.com/classified.htm

Have fun,

Regards

Trevor
bgwbold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of the newer French Besson horns and liked it a lot, but eventually traded it off for an older Bach. My only objection to this particular auction was the hidden bidding.

The Kanstul branded horns generally get good reviews. They also sell some intermediate horns that are priced a little more competetively. You should root around in the http://www.kanstul.net website to get familiar with the models if you are interested. I believe they may discount off of the list price and can be bought on approval from some of the mail order houses.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: