• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Old Cornet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drtrumpet1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old Reynolds Argenta cornet. I'm not sure of the date, but it is at least 40 years old. It's not a pro model. My dad played on it, and it's the horn I learned to play on. I hadn't played on it in several (at least 10) years. I took it out this weekend and blew a few notes on it, and was surprised at how easy it played. Just curious if anyone out there knows anything about these horns - market value, professional opinion, etc. I'm going to keep it, if for no other reason than sentimental value, but I was curious as to what, if any, was said about these horns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
radiobob
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on it here at TH. You'll find plenty on the Argenta. A highly respected horn, one of the best if the posts are any judge, though I have no experience with them. I think they usually sell on Ebay for $400 or more in good shape. A keeper I think.

Bob
Gilligan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Argenta was a Pro model.

I have a Reynolds Roth Cornet of about the same era and it is the best playing horn I have. It's a very light weight horn in comparision to my Ambassadors and has great projection, and a fantastic pure tone. In my other horns I can hear the sound of my air going through the horn. It's sort of like a low hiss under the tone with the Roth I get no hiss at all and much greater volume and projection for the same effort. I would expect similiar qualities with your Argenta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: