• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Giddings Mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: New Giddings Mouthpiece Reply with quote

Saw these on facebook... Had to order one to try!

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38765205_10157148669044057_8536202291974242304_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeHuPsyvK_1wgjA8ASWE0hJ-qQdkMx_s1uolzSFLkbCwetNexEUgs5k1nXJArrTHbSJ__htTtnXCxPiJsv38DnbYZTD61HAGY8LDkHC3A2V7aA&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=01522b283e9995360f35260529ffbd63&oe=5C4085A2

"We improved a classic. By reducing external weight, adding a more comfortable rim, and slightly altering the cup. This mouthpiece has lightning Fast response with a Shimmering tone that holds together when you need maximum sound and comfort without the strain."

boog
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Looks just like an antique trumpet piece I found in an antique storage room at a school where I used to teach! History repeats itself! In fact, I am contemplating a replate for that one...

Seriously, I have 3 or 4 G&W's, and I REALLY like the stainless steel, for several reasons, however, the cups and rims of these pieces never really worked for me. The shallow pieces I bottomed out on, and the large/deeper cups played stuffily to me. I ended up giving my 7S (really shallow, at least to my perception!), to my lead player, but he ended up on a Schilke Jon Faddis model.
rogertpt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if it was just the Matt Muckey Signature Model but without his name?
markp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the GW website and couldn't find any reference to this new mouthpiece.
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogertpt wrote:
What if it was just the Matt Muckey Signature Model but without his name?

Could well be. I haven't played the Muckey so don't mind much if that's what it's based off
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markp wrote:
I went to the GW website and couldn't find any reference to this new mouthpiece.

It's not on their website at the moment. I chatted with them via facebook and we sorted it out that way.
krush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested in this piece. I played a bach 1.5 for many years until developing an allergy. Since then have been downsized and played on GW 3D for the past 2 year. I would love to try more varieties but the price has kept me from exploring. If anyone has more info or gets the chance to try one please post!
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krush wrote:
I'm very interested in this piece. I played a bach 1.5 for many years until developing an allergy. Since then have been downsized and played on GW 3D for the past 2 year. I would love to try more varieties but the price has kept me from exploring. If anyone has more info or gets the chance to try one please post!

I'll let you know once it arrives
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: