• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Preparing For All Eastern Jazz Band.. help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been nominated for all eastern jazz band.. I have a few months until the all state audition (wich will also be my all eastern audition), so for me to go to all eastern I have to do well in my all state audition..

After being to all state jazz band once I already know what my competition looks like, so I know it's not impossible for me to make all eastern, but I do need to put in alot of work.

I need some help as to how to get ready.. This is what I had in my so far.

Caruso for chops..

How to play bebop to learn my changes and scales..

learn alot of tunes and memorize some solos from jazztrumpetsolos.com and sites like that.

then i was going to start transcribing some solos (but who?) and playing to play along CD and to other recordings for ear training work stuffl...

now... for summer time... I was thinking about looking for a piano jazz player to help me out... and also about going to some sort of jazz camp so that i get to play with real people... this summer i'm also going to make a big effort in actually going out to places and jam with people, like jazz combos this was i'll be at a constant performance shape..

about getting a piano player for a teacher, do you think it would work or should i try and stick with a trumpet player as a teacher?

is their anything else that i should be doing or working on to prepare my self?

http://trjeam.tripod.com
Trumpet Resource Site

http://latrompeta.tripod.com

trjeam@hotmail.com

[ This Message was edited by: trjeam on 2004-06-05 17:06 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dizzykid16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing great. As far as bebop goes listen to the pioneers of the style (forgive me if I'm Missing someone.) Charlie Parker,Thelonious Monk,Dizzy Gillespie, Kenny Clarke.You can learn alot from these players...yes even drummers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: