• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lessons from Bud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drtrumpet1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Bud teach anymore? I get a yearly bonus from my job, and I thought it would be a lot of fun (not to mention a great learning experience) to fly up to Chi-town and sit with him for an hour. Does he still teach?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SilverTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know the answer to this too.... How about John Hagstrom?

~J.R.R. Tolkien
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think your best bet on contacting Mr. Herseth would be to contact Professor Hagstrom at DePaul and see if he can get you Herseth's contact information. Prof. Hagstrom is a great guy as well and it wouldn't hurt a bit to get a lesson with him while you're at it. ;0)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stradjazz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that chicowicz will still give lessons if he has time, if that helps any.
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe Bud is actively teaching, but could be wrong. Hagstrom is (got a note from somebody who saw him recently; same somebody couldn't arrange a lesson with Bud, but not sure why).

HTH - Don
mexiCAN
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by mexiCAN on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
thevolcanogod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What everyone else said. Bud really isn't teaching that much now days. You're going to find it hard to get a private lesson with him. It would be easier to attend a master class he is teaching.

I'll echo what someone said above - Will Scarlet is a great guy if you can get a lesson with him. Charlie Geyer is also a great musician and very available for lessons.

If you want contact information for Mr. Geyer, Herseth or Hagstrom I can get it to you, but I'm not going to post that on a public forum. E-mail me privately. I don't have Mr. Scarlet's contact information any more. Someone else probably does tho.
cdaigle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been in a Master Class with Hagstrom and heard him do a recital when he visited my school while doing my undergrad. No doubt he's a phenomenal player but he is also a super guy. You wouldnt be doing yourself any harm with getting a lesson from JH.
Chad Daigle
trumpetfox1234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Bud Herseth Spring Trumpet Festival UW La Crosse Reply with quote

University of Wisconsin La Crosse is having an absolutely fantastic Spring Trumpet Festival from Friday May 6-8 with Bud Herseth, Doc Serverinsen, Charles Lazarus of the Canadian Brass, and guys from the Minnesota Orchestra, Douglas Carlson and Robert Dover and others. Bud will speak four times and play also. A once in a lifetime opportunity. And it's cheap! Only $75 for the whole conference. The first 300 who register get to see Bud up close and personal on Friday at his two presentations one of them a hour and a half lecture and Q&A and the other an hour and a half master class. And he will talk more on Sunday and play in his classes and at the Trumpet Festival at the end with all the guys above plus others. A real deal. They just started accepting registrations so if you register now, you should have no problem being in the first 300.

La Crosse iWisconsin is a beautiful place and the campus is beautiful. Bud doesn't do many of these kinds of things in the Midwest anymore so I wouldn't miss this for anything.
You will get to see Bud and Doc and these guys up close and personal. Just found out about this.

Here is the info:

Register:

By phone:
608-785-6504 Toll free 866-895-9233
Fax 608-785-6547
Mail:
Continuing Education Department
205 Morris Hall
1725 State Street
LaCrosse, WI 54601

All the best,

Michael Goode
Principal Trumpet
Chicago Reading Orchestra
Author and Stage Fright Consultant
Stage Fright in Music Performance and Its Relationship to the Unconscious
www.trumpetworkspress.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: