• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Flugelhorn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bandmate has a B & H Imperial fugelhorn that he purchased, BRAND NEW only about 5 years ago (it's an early 70's production horn that sat on the back shelf in a little store in southern Alberta until he happened to discover it). He has been told that the Imperial model had a relatively limited production model and was considered top of the line in it's day.

He is interested in selling it but isn't sure what kind of realistic market value it might carry. Can anyone provide some guidance? We'll check Ebay but suspect that if it's a short-run model there won't be much history on it there.

Lacquer finish, excellent condition. I have seen it but not examined it so I can't say if there are any dings or dents... but he is extremely careful with his instruments so I think it's safe to say its probably in A-1 condition.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.... how about you brass-banders in UK?
Capt. Z
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has one of those.

You should try playing it. I believe the intonation leaves much to be desired to.
Low C is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off, and needs a lot of lipping up.

Otherwise, I don't have any other fluegelhorn to compare it to.
'02 Benge Piccolo Trumpet Blackburn pipe w/Haefner 7H*P
I mainly play British Brass and Classical Music
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Z. You pretty much reinforced what I've been told by others. I won't disappoint him too badly... I'll just tell him that there isn't much of a market for them since they were replaced by "more modern, far superior" instruments and as a result there isn't even a history on Ebay (a true statement... he's a lawyer! LOL).

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: