• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Poster to the Reveille

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: New Poster to the Reveille Reply with quote

I'm a bit new to this particular forum ... what sorts of subjects in general are to be discussed here?

Also, why is someone apparently out to bash me again ... many thanks to the Moderators for addressing that ... I just noticed. Just silly and "Very familiar" posts.

I wonder why he is upset with me this time.
Laskey's 68MD,68C,PIC,68F,68DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just don't like people from Lafayette, LA. Just kiddin'! I actually lived there for a year when I went to school there. I moved back to New Orleans because I couldn't take it anymore.... Give Dr. Bob Luckey my regards!
Anyway, sometimes people just have it out for you! Take it in stride because no one cares about whoever is putting you down! We are here to build each other up! (most of us anyway)

Anyway, this forum is for "Heated Discussions" or "all hell broke loose type of threads"! (as is the Political/Religion forum HA!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there ... fellow Louisianian. When did you go to UL? Did you take lessons from Dr. Morton? I just played with Dr. Luckey a few weeks ago in the Acadian Winds. Sometimes I can't figure out if he is goofy or just cool. He's a good player nonetheless.

What do you do in New Orleans? I was there this past weekend ... went visit my ball & chain (not yet) at Loyolla.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll eventually dig a hole and escape from here myself .... it has to be a hole 600 miles long though since Florida is my destination!

HAHA!
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to ULL during the 2000-2001 school year. I did take one semester of lessons from Dr. Morton.... He was a cool guy... Tell him I said hi...
I'll be up there in October giving a small clinic on the music business and being a professional musician.... I'll let you know the specifics when I get them from Dr. Morton.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dlyren
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Josh and other Louisiana folk. As Josh knows, I taught at ULL from '92-'98. Man do I miss the food!

Josh - say hi to Luckey Bob for me, too. And any other that I might know (Will Green, Garth Alper, Catherine Roche-Wallace, etc.)

Good to see y'all on TH

Del
dlyren
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the dates of your previous posts. Ha - I bet you guys won't even see this - at least for a while.

Anyway, see you on another thread...
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha... Luckey Bob.... I haven't heard that one in a while. And yes Dr. Luckey is just goofy, not a cool bone in his body! I find it hard to believe that people still go to study jazz with him when he himself does not have a single jazz degree! (thats explains the players he turns out of that school....can you say....L7????)

My favorite teachers there were Scott Landry and Garth Alper! Those two guys made my experience at ULL worth it.... I stayed as long as I could then I had to leave Lafayette. (it drove me crazy!)
dlyren
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garth is a great guy and terrific player. Scott was terrific for us in faculty quintet. He's such a solid tuba player.

I miss the crawfish!!

cjdjazztpt - are you from Lafayette originally?
senea
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow ULLiens! Luckey Bob! haha! Went to France with him when Hockeppel (?) took the band the first time. He and his wife were extremely unhappy that we didn't have curfews and that men and women were sharing common living spaces - hard to avoid when it was one big room with one big bathroom!

Also, let's not forget Susie Garcia and Chapman Nyaho! They are amazing pianists. She is still there but he has since gone. Where is he?

Hope you fellas are doing great!

Jessie

How was Mardi Gras by the way?
jophst
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, I need to visit here more often! I didn't realize you all were posting here!

Hey Dr. Lyren!!! Hope all has been well on your end. Things have been a little rough on mind dealing with a little Thyroid Cancer. Other than that things have been terrific. I'm a registered Civil Engineer here in Lafayette working for a private firm now after working for DOTD for 4 years. My last job with LADOTD was fixing Johnston St. So, you can actually drive on it now without breaking an axle. I see you had sent me a PM, I'll send you one back shortly. I'll be sure to tell everyone you said a happy (but probably cold) hello for you . And yes, crawfish is in season here and I'm about to hit it pretty hard. Don't worry, I'll eat enough for the both of us and then some ... .

Jessie, I didn't know you posted here as well. I haven't seen you in quite a while. I had figured you were living in Baton Rouge working out there. How are things in Indiana working out for you? Look me up next time you are in the area for sure. I'm not sure where Nyaho went ... I'll have to do a little digging on that one. Mardi Gras was a lot of fun but I couldn't eat anything worth a darn .... had to be on a special diet for 2 weeks and Mardi Grad fell right in the middle of it. However, I could drink anything I wanted, so I DID!! I went to Metarie, New Orleans for the Endymion, and back to Lafayette.

Keep in touch everyone. I'll be sure to look here in the future now.

God Bless,
dlyren
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyaho is in Seattle. He played a recital here in Bemidji a few years ago and did a fantastic job. He's happy and doing very well.

Adam Mason is now in Lethbridge, Alberta, where Trudi got her undergrad. Trudi is the trumpet teacher there and Adam does percussion and world music. They're very happy as well.

We're starting to thaw a little up here. Golf is on the horizon!

Del
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlyren wrote:
cjdjazztpt - are you from Lafayette originally?

No I am from New Orleans. I went up to Lafayette because....well i don't know but I met some really good friends up there and brought a lot of good players here to New Orleans that deserved a chance!

Anyway, I too didn't know that people were posting in here. I am going to book some gigs in Lafayette soon so I can make a trip back up there. Dr. Morton has asked me to come give a 'clinic' to talk about the music business and I never did make it up there so I really need to do so..... I'll definitely let some of you know when I am going so we can get together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: