• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

combination gig bags: trumpet & flugel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weiss017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: combination gig bags: trumpet & flugel Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new to trumpetherald, and I'm looking for a combination gig bag that will hold both my Bb trumpet and my flugelhorn.

I've been disappointed that many bags I've seen don't seem to hold or pad the instruments very firmly; it seems the horns could jostle around pretty freely.

Does anyone out there know of a decent bag that holds the horns pretty secuirely? (Ideally, the bag I'm looking for could also be worn as a back pack).

Any info would be appreciated!
trumpet_tim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Daff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to TH Peter. As a coincidence, I have been on the same search over the last couple months and wound up ordering a Dolly bag from, another coincidence, Steve Wiseman of Dolly Bags. They are trumpet players (I believe four generations) and the bags they produce incorporate their perceptions of what a bag should be. My opinion is that they've got it 'dialed in'.

Their phone number is 1-908-653-1324.

Have a good one.
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to TH

www.wisemancases.com

Wiseman Cases - not from the same Wiseman mentioned above. These are the Rolls Royce of cases (think expensive!) but worth every penny. You can reset the inside of the case to accomodate a variety of combinations of instrument. At the moment I have mine configured for Bb, C and piccolo, with room for mouthpiece pouches and a couple of mutes. I can alter that to accomodate a flugel instead of the C without any problems.
These cases are built to last, and have no zips to go wrong.
I have had mine a couple of years and I would never get rid of it - it's fantastic.

If you do consider buying one of these, all Wiseman owners have a discount code you can use on your purchase, which will give you a 10% reduction - I am more than happy to let you have my code, should you so wish.
cujazztrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Reunion Blues in leather and PRO-TEC,,its pretty good so far and cheap too!
mototrmpt
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a Gig bag, I've used a Pro Ritter triple case and it has enough room of a trumpet & Flugel & a bunch of mutes, plus it has a bunch of pockets to hold turners, pencils, music, mps, etc..

I recently got a Kanstul 1525 flugel and I've been a bit concerned that the bell may be bent in a normal gig bag so I picked up a Pro Tec PB301VAX which protects my trumpet and flugel extremely well and has enough pockets to carry mps, music, and small, but not enough room to carry mutes. It also has a telescopic handle and wheels as well as a strap. I've found it's easiser to be lazy and use the wheels. There serveral place to buy them, but I got mine via mail from Dillionmusic.

http://www.ptcases.com/items.asp?ProductID=427&InstrumentGroupID=1&CategoryID=2&InstrumentID=38
aldeweb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Gard Cordura Triple Trumpet Gig Bags Reply with quote

Somebody knows if in the Gard Cordura Triple Trumpet Gig Bag fit 1 trumpet + 1 flugelhorn?
The price is very interesting, only $49.
http://www.wwbw.com/Gard-Cordura-Triple-Trumpet-Gig-Bags-i75890.music?source=bizrate
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this bag. Currently I have about 2 inches of music, oil, grease, metronome, water bottle, pencils, 2 mutes, mouthpieces, Bb, and a Flugel. EVerything fits fine in there, and I am not worried about it. It is a school owned flugel, so I am rather cautious with it. Another nice thing is that the divider foam thing is velcro at the ends, so you can stick it whereever you want pretty much. I slid it over a little to compensate for the big flugel bell.

http://www.ptcases.com/items.asp?ProductID=68&InstrumentGroupID=1&CategoryID=3&InstrumentID=38
camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I use the same pro-tec bag as vivace. I make sure that my copper belled flugel is placed so that the divider is positioned with the bell against the large end pocket (and not the mouthpiece pocket) and the side is next to the music puoch (rather than against the mute pouch). I works fine..I sling it over my shoulder and don't have to carry anything else, apart from a music stand (when will somebody invent a better way of doing that?).

The bag itself seems fine..padding's not bad. I wouldn't put it in as luggage on a bus but from gig to gig in the back of the car it's adequate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Trevor
aldeweb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Gewa Gig Bag 3 trumpets Reply with quote

I have now a Gewa Gig Bag for three trumpets, and the price is low: $60 (with shipping and handling costs). I recommend you. Fit flugel+trumpet+piccolo, 2-3 mutes (without piccolo), and It has several pockets for tuner, metronome, stand, etc.

You can get it mailing to Musikhof-Franken@t-online.de

Trumpet Conn Connstellation 38B (1969)
Flugelhorn Yamaha 731 (1998)
Slokar mouthpieces set
Slidebone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: combination gig bags: trumpet & flugel Reply with quote

weiss017 wrote:
Hi! I'm new to trumpetherald, and I'm looking for a combination gig bag that will hold both my Bb trumpet and my flugelhorn.

I've been disappointed that many bags I've seen don't seem to hold or pad the instruments very firmly; it seems the horns could jostle around pretty freely.

Does anyone out there know of a decent bag that holds the horns pretty secuirely? (Ideally, the bag I'm looking for could also be worn as a back pack).

Any info would be appreciated!

Welcome to the TrumpetHerald. I am sure you will enjoy being here.
There is plenty of informative info at your fingertips and from reading some of the fellow members posts.... many seem to offer sound advice.

Let me offer my advice regarding gig bags.

If you are looking for the BEST OVERALL GIG BAG... then opt for a CRONKHITE CUSTOM BAG.

There have been previous threads here regarding this so if you search you will find.

I will give you the abridged version.

Cronkhite Bags are all hand made of the highest quality materials by professional players. Designed to offer the BEST PROTECTION AND MADE IN THE USA !!

If you are looking for a bag to hold your trumpet / flugel you will be very satisfied with Cronkhite.

Check out www.slidebone.com and if I can be of some help drop me an "e"

Quality, Savings, and Committment !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: