• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Question for Moderators-Reveille

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Question for Moderators-Reveille Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I was just wondering about the Reveille content. I've seen a couple of posts that don't seem to be based on settling disputes. Rather they engage topics that seem more appropriate for the debating forum. I haven't been around that long, so I might be way off, but based on the old TH setup, it seemed that the Reveille section was really the area to settle issues that couldn't be handled in the main forums. Any insight?

-jc
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're basically correct. Reveille is sometimes used as sort of a "catch-basin" for "bad" threads before tossing them completely, or cleaning them up, whichever way it goes. Maybe we should change the description a bit... OTOH, remember a lot of threads degenerate into disputes with little left pertaining to the original subject. So, if a thread degenerates into a dispute, it's moved here no matter the starting subject. Sometimes it stays, sometimes it's removed, and sometimes it's cleaned up and reinserted into the original forum. There are examples of all these actions with past threads.

Some threads may get started in here by mistake, or by people not really knowing where to put them. I personally feel the "ignorance" thread may fall closer to the debate forum, but it's not that trumpet related and since the original poster started it here, it seems ok to leave it here. Same with some other threads -- unless there's a real clear need/desire to move it, a thread started here will probably get left here.

Of course, sometimes we just don't notice... We all have to practice sometime, ya' know!

HTH - Don
jman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Don. I can't believe that you guys aren't on top of it 24/7, with the amount they pay you and all.

-jc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: