• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Soundwear single trumpet gigbag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papyc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Soundwear single trumpet gigbag Reply with quote

I 'd like to know if someone have a soundwear single trumpet gig bag ... and could give a quick review !
This is this one : http://www.soundwear.com/shopus/infos/204_JT.htm

Not very expensive in Europe .. and they talk about their " bips " protection system ....

Thanks !!

( few photos of the inside will be marvellous ....)
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing.... I have been looking for a new gig bag for just one trumpet and I am trying to decide between:

1.) Soundwear

2.) Dolly Bags Single Leather (had one so I know what they can do $150 is a bit much though)

3.) PROTEC single leather gig bag. (between $109 and $129)

Anyone with info on Soundwear please chime in and let us know what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
_Daff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding your comparison of Protec and Dolly.....This may be a bit off-topic, but I am so impressed with my new Dolly bag that I had to chime in.

They are simply apples and oranges. Protec is a Korean made mass-produced bag whereas Dolly is hand crafted in the good old U.S.A. and will last you a lifetime.

The side pouch of the Dolly has substantially greater cargo capacity. Its handles are substantial and securely crafted into the design, whereas the Protec's are quite less substantial. Dolly's leather is thick and rich looking. Protec's looks plastic-coated. Protec's zippers and hardware pale in comparison to Dolly.

Protec's website lists their bag @ $174 which makes $150 for the Dolly, an absolute bargain. It's value FAR exceeds its cost.

I am not knocking the Protec. It may be a perfect price/value match for many, but the Dolly is way beyond in value and surprisingly priced for such value.
cjdjazztpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess, you didn't order from Dolly herself? I had a Dolly Bag a while back and sold it when I sold my Taylor trumpet. I ordered my bag from Dolly and it took 6 weeks to come in....I didn't like that. I did however love that bag when it came in and hated to part with it, but needed to because I had it specially made for the Taylor.....

I like your idea of buying from the good ole USA. Who else sells Dolly bags???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
_Daff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bag took two and a half weeks to arrive from Steve Wiseman. It is difficult to be patient when excited about a new toy, but dang, is it ever a nice bag.

I understand that Dillon's carries them now. Here's the link. http://www.dillonmusic.com/

I have photos of the Dolly bag that I could send to anyopne interested.
papyc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody have a Soundwear single ???
AverageJoe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Mzony has owned a Soundwear triple bag...you might try PMing him to discuss his take on how well they are made.

Paul Poovey
papyc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !!! i have read that many TH members are very happy with there Triple Gigbag .... but their single gigbag seems very different in design ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: