• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jet-Tones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBandJesus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Jet-Tones Reply with quote

This may be a stupid question but do all jet-tone mouthpieces allow for high register support?
MarkHeuer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Jet-Tone Reply with quote

There are no stupid questions. Some of the pieces are deep and some are shallow. Some have narrow rims and some have wide rims. They have a wide variety of cup diameters, cup shapes, etc. Some will provide excellent upper register support and others will not. www.mouthpieceexpress.com and www.wwbw.com (to name a couple) will give you the opportunity to try several at a time (a trial period). Some people think the Jet-tones from the 70's were better made than they are now. It may be true....or not. I like the SS as a lead piece for upper register support. But that's just me. You have to find the one that works for you. Good luck.
Kazi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm borrowing a friends jet-tone, it's a vintage MF or something. But my normal range is like...D-E....Using the Jet-tone, I was getting like...G-A. It was pretty insane. I'm not sure if all of them do or not, but this one worked for me (in pep band atleast). One thing you might want to consider is that the Jet-Tone took massive digs at my tone in the lower range, though it kept it pretty good in the upper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: