• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

nas new rap/jazz music video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: nas new rap/jazz music video Reply with quote

nas the rapper just made a video with his father, a jazz trumpet player/singer. it has alot of trumpet pics and a couple "licks". it is a good if you like rap.
babyimanARCHIST
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know little to nothing about rap... but the name 'nas' sounds familiar. What's his father's name?
McH
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olu Dara
nowave
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olu Dara is a great player! He kills it on James Blood Ulmer's criminally out-of-print "Freelancing". Haven't heard him lately, but I think he's playing a lot of guitar now as well.
SPITTY
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig Olu Dara's music, but his son Nas leaves a lot to be desired. I attended a concert of his and he kept his dialogue full of disgusting language and harsh racism - certainly not a good role model for the many many thousand of kids who look up to him.

Spitty
jcmacman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone told me what RAP stood for, and from what I hear coming from these lowered SUV's with 1000+ watt stereos on the street, I must agree 100%

RAP: Racial Autistic Performers

John

Elvis Presley
mulligan stew
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(deleted)

https://vectortrio.bandcamp.com/
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you don't understand rap keep your mouths shut, your embarrasing your self. is rap, not R.A.P, it dosent stand for racism because white people are rarely part of the song, in fact more then have the people who buy the cd's are white boys in the suburbs trying to be ganstah. thats partialy because alot of people in the hood buy the bootlegs. but anyways, some of you sound like those classical people who critize jazz for been vulgar.
SPITTY
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off Dominicano, don't tell people to keep their mouths shut - it's simply not nice and is certainly not the kind of behavior that is appropriate on the TH.

I understand RAP just fine, but I feel it's ok to comment on a performer who spends half his show bashing other races - not just whites - and including his own. And I feel it's ok to comment on a performer who almost started a riot and had complete mayhem break out to the danger of young children in the audience, some of who were hurt. And I think it's ok to comment on a performer who teaches his audience to hate and segregate instead of teaching people how to make this world a better place. HE IS IN A POSITION TO INFLUENCE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AND HE HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO SHED SOME POSITIVE INFLUENCE ON THEM - and to not continually spread messages of womanizing, killing, hating, etc . . .

Spitty
jcmacman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dominicano224 wrote:
if you don't understand rap keep your mouths shut, your embarrasing your self. is rap, not R.A.P, it dosent stand for racism because white people are rarely part of the song, in fact more then have the people who buy the cd's are white boys in the suburbs trying to be ganstah. thats partialy because alot of people in the hood buy the bootlegs. but anyways, some of you sound like those classical people who critize jazz for been vulgar.

Dude...I know it is "rap" and not R.A.P. I never said that, look at the post again. I underlined the R A P to highlight the words Racial Autistic Performers, R A P.

The majority of rap is about hatred to others. Be it killing someone, raping someone treating others with some kind of disrespect etc.....
Over here in SoCal it is all over the place. You can't go 2 miles without hearing it blast from a car stereo. And yes, I do see white boys listening to it. I also see Mexicans, Chinese, and Vietnamese listiening to it also. Being racial is not all black and white. Look at Nazism.

I am a father of 2 jr high school kids. I see by your profile that you are a student so you would not understand my feelings about this stuff playing so everyone can hear it. If you want to listen to this fine, roll up the windows or put on headphones. It makes me sick when I see a lowered Escalade blasting this stuff with the windows wide open and 2 babies in car seats.

So, I will agree to shut my mouth and stop embarrassing myself, even though I do understand rap, if you agree to not criticize anyone who does not share your views.

If I have offended you, please accept my apology.

John

Elvis Presley
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

what's the song called?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all i started the post to inform of RAP MUSIC VIDEO. if you don't like rap then too bad i never asked your opinion. you complain that rap teaches violence, sex/rape, etc. but what about rock or any type of music that say something violent or sexual? even techno has sexual messages, so what? get over it. you say i offend people who don't share my view? who is it that started bashing rap out of nowhere and then hid behind your wall of political correctness. yes IM a student, and i just got home from school, and guess what 30 kids came armed to fight my school. guess who they wanted to get at first? this happens every day in the Bronx, so do you really think somebody will come out and sing/rap about flowers and apple pie when this happens all day in their hood? you say that the picture is beyond black and white? look at my screen name Sherlock, IM neither so obviously i know other people like me listen to it. and also, you say that rappers bashes all races including their own? really? name a song. or are you just referring to the use of the n world (which i won't say because this message would be deleted). Isn't it funny how you criticize something you don't get, but God forbid I point it out. this happens with all types of music, since most of you, I assume are grown with children, then think of it like this. All music is criticize when it comes out, Elvis was too sexual, some rock was too demonic, jazz because of it's "vulgar" lyrics. rap on a lot of things.

But. It was wrong of me to say keep your mouths shut...
I should have said stop typing(haha). If your easily offended...toughen up,
if not don't complain. the world has enough soft minded men, the TH. needs to
stop encouraging it (before somebody says "but, dominicano224, they're kids in this site," question how much censorship is too much).

p.s the word "you" means the haters,i did not want to include screen names.
matzentrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really isn't like jazz doesn't have any skeletons in it's closet either, it's not all as pure as Aebersolds in the living room on a Sunday afternoon.

I mean, look at where the actual word "jazz" came from, and what that term meant. Let's not forget the New York Burn .... and the amount of drug use that is sometimes included in jazz performance.
jcmacman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude...you need to chill big time.

Re read my 1st post. It was in reply to Spitty.

Then Re read my 2nd post.

John

Elvis Presley
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... read the original post, anything to suggest IM mad? It might sound angrier then what I meant it to be. my point is; don't be hypocrites (to everybody) you offend rap and then when I answer back it's offensive, yea, like dissing rap is real constructive to one's trumpet playing. You don't have to like rap, you don't have to like me, or anything at all.but if you make it clear you don't like something don't answer back saying your offended after you just offended it.
WaxHaX0rS
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dominicano224 wrote:
you offend rap and then when I answer back it's offensive

dominicano224 wrote:
If your easily offended...toughen up

dominicano224 wrote:
don't be hypocrites
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...where's the hypocrisy waxkjdgks? It doesn't makes sense. I don't think offend and tough is a contradiction. I meant what I said.
WaxHaX0rS
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter retardation.
matzentrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trumpet is good.
mateoshaw
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love trumpet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: