• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Got my Getzen 3850

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darktrumpeter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Got my Getzen 3850 Reply with quote

Well I went down to Dillon's today to try out some horns. After testing out a Bach Strad shepards crook model, a Kanstul 1530, and an old "Signiture" horn which the person at the store is now owned by Getzen, as well as the Getzen 3850. Although the old "Signiture" cornet came close I decided on getting the Getzen. I picked up a gold plated Denis Wick 2BW mouthpiece which so far feels amazing and is very smooth. i don't know if the smooth feeling is just the gold because it was my first gold plated mouthpiece but i also picked out a Yamaha 16C4GP goldplated cup and inner throat and it is flexible as well. I have heard that Amado waterkeys sometimes don't work that well, but during the more than an hour I was testing the horn there wasn't any problem with them so maybe I got lucky. I will post more on how the horn is after I have played it longer.

Last edited by Darktrumpeter on Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know what you think of the cornet. I've tried it as well and it felt like I was almost cheating, it was so easy to play. I was really impressed by it's flexibility, intonation, tonal consistency and ease of articulating the higher register. Do you think it will blend OK in a British Brass Band setting as it was a little brighter and more focused than my Sovereign 928? Also what are your thoughts on the Kanstul?
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused on the line about the Signature horn and it's relation to Getzen. Could you clarify that a bit please?

Thanks for the business and I'm glad you like the 3850. It is a great cornet. A perfect example of a horn that sells itself.

Brett Getzen

Follow Getzen on:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/getzencompany/

Twitter https://twitter.com/GetzenCompany

If you have a question please feel free to email me at brett@getzen.com.
Darktrumpeter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the horn i checked back and found out it is a DEG Signiture Model K7022
sorry about the confusion
trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Got my Getzen 3850 Reply with quote

Darktrumpeter wrote:
I have heard that Amado waterkeys sometimes don't work that well, but during the more than an hour I was testing the horn there wasn't any problem with them so maybe I got lucky. I will post more on how the horn is after I have played it longer.

DT: Just wanted to get your impressions of the 3850 now that you've had a few days with the horn. How are the Amados? Did you get it in silver-plate or lacquer? Thanks.

Joe
Darktrumpeter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amados on the horn are great. I have played a crappy school horn with amados and they were terrible so it also depends on the horn. With a better horn there is better craftmanship thus more attention payed to making the horn good and have the amados work and there not being any burring.

Also mine is in Silver Plate
MarkN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sold the old sovereign and ordered one as well. I've also ordered in the heavy bottom valve caps with it. I let you know how they go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: