• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Stand

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was looking for a Hamilton trumpet stand but everyone is sold out. So I was browsing ebay just out of curiosity and I found this one. With this there are about 4 other auctions going on for this type of item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3767303402&category=41398&sspagename=rvi:1:3

It looks like it would do the job, but I think I still may want a Hamilton. What do you guys think?

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

"Right now I am lost, but I am on a path and will eventually find myself, and once the path ends I will have found myself; the best in the world"
Soontir2432
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as a last resort try contacting International Woodwind and Brass
Last time I went there, they had Hamilton stands in stock.
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are nice stands. I like em a lot. I have the hamilton metal, but the one there might be nicer since it is lighter, and the spring is cool too.
_Kanstul-Krazy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one (1) Hamilton and two (2) of those type (mine is called a "Bellmonte"). The Hamilton might, ever so slightly, be harder to tip over than the other style. On my Bellmonte, you can lower the plunger down far enough to use it as a Flugelhorn stand, too. I also push the plunger way up and use it to put my pocket trumpet on, too. They're real versatile.
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

Hamilton

BW
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
Mlockman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton is much better. More solid.
Couesnon Flugelhorn 1970
Warburton WCC mouthpiece
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
AFM
cujazztrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't these stands bulky?? why do you guys like these stands? Ive the a couple of hamiltons and the one with springs but never uses them.
Jazzy_Mike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of these, great item! I also have a small one that fits into the bell by K&M, and i reccomend you don't buy one of those, unless you get a 5 legged one. My three leggged one is very unstable and there's a few dents in my trumpet to show of it!

Conn Vintage 1 1BR-SP
Holton ST 308 "Maynard Ferguson"
_PhilPicc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Profile, Hamilton and Dixon(that looks like the one pictured) stands that my horns are on at home. The Profile I would never take on a gig, way to tippy. The Hamilton I use sometimes when I need mutiple stands and the Dixon although it seems solid, I still do not trust it.

I also have a K&M 3 legs that I do use because it is low to the ground. Like that really helps. I'm going to get the K&M five legs because they are much safer for the horns.

I also never leave any of my horns unattended on a stand. I also cover them with micro-fiber cloths.

We cannot expect you to be with us all the time, but perhaps you could be good enough to keep in touch now and again."
- Sir Thomas Beecham to a musician during a rehearsal
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilPicc wrote:

I also neverleave any of my horns unattended on a stand.

This reminds me. Wasn't it Dave Stahl who, during his tenure with the Maynard band, used to remove his horn durng intermissions, replacing it on a trumpet stand with a totally beaten up Selmer Bundy, and with a carved wooden mouthpiece to wow all the high school kids who would come up to the band stand to check out his *secret* equipment.

Larry
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

FWIW...to my knowledge Dave Stahl never played with Maynard's band. However, he DID play with both the Woody Herman and Count Basie bands.

BW
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cujazztrpt wrote:
Aren't these stands bulky?? why do you guys like these stands? Ive the a couple of hamiltons and the one with springs but never uses them.

I have the K&M 5 Leg Stand, but I like to use that for gigs, I have set up a trumpet studio kind of setting in a room in my house, with things such as a music stand, all my trumpet books, a laptop, a sound system ect. Everything I would need to have a good practice is down there. I want a Hamilton trumpet stand for that room as a permenant stand, I wouldnt take it out for gigs because I'd use my K&M for that. It would just make it easier because I wouldnt have to unpack anything or Im half way to the gig and I remember I left my stand in my "studio"

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

"Right now I am lost, but I am on a path and will eventually find myself, and once the path ends I will have found myself; the best in the world"
cujazztrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking about studios,,I have to let go on mine and let my youngest son have to move in. So all my equipment went to storage or the top of the closet and I have my doublers bag in the master bedroom since I use it a lot.
Slidebone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

AeroStud1026 wrote:
Hey guys, I was looking for a Hamilton trumpet stand but everyone is sold out. So I was browsing ebay just out of curiosity and I found this one. With this there are about 4 other auctions going on for this type of item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3767303402&category=41398&sspagename=rvi:1:3

It looks like it would do the job, but I think I still may want a Hamilton. What do you guys think?

Hamilton and K&M at SlideBone.com

The 5 leg K&M are pretty popular amongst NYC Freelancers.
surfhorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for the Hamiltons. I've had mine since the early 1970's and they are going strong. I have a trumpet on a trumpet stand and my flugel on a bone stand. They've stood the test of extensive touring. While bulky to carry, I believe they're worth it.
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered it from Sam Ash a week ago because I thought it said on there webpage they had them in stock and I could get free shipping on it..Turns out its backordered...which its backordered everywhere so Im just going to wait until Sam ash gets them...16.99 for the stand w/free shipping

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

Hack001
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like the hamiltons or anything that stands more than 2 millimeters off the ground, makes me nervous. I use a k&g with 5 feet. it fits in the bell and never tips over. very well priced too
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:
FWIW...to my knowledge Dave Stahl never played with Maynard's band. However, he DID play with both the Woody Herman and Count Basie bands.

BW

Dave Stahl played with Woody Herman, Count Basie, Buddy Rich, Larry Elgart and Toshiko Akiyoshi. He also played with the Army Blues, the Army Band, and the Herald Trumpets of the Army.He now leads his own band in which they play Christian music. The confusion about Maynard is probably because he was the feature performer in the International Brass Conference tribute to Maynard Ferguson even though he had never been in Maynard's band.

No matter where he plays, one thing is for sure -- HE CAN PLAY!!! Thanks for bringing up a name I hadn't heard for a while. Now where did I put that old Thundering Herd CD?
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
DA9 Evan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that stand pictured in the eBay link. It is manufactured by Bellmonte. It's a really good stand in my opinion, and I can fit it in my trumpet case, along with my straight mute, cloth, valve oil, and slide grease, so that is a great feature for me.
Tl2uMp3t_Er
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a K&M 3 Leg Stand. I don't think 3 legs and 5 legs matter that much unless the environment is a DISASTER. I love it because it perfectly fits the bell, reduces size and is able to be carries inside the bell, and it is light and durable. But if you use it a lot, your trumpet will start to smell like fungi.

Horns:
V. Bach Stradivarious 180s-37
Mouthpieces:
Bach 3C
Bach 7C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: