• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

guy/girl question

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree with dominicano224?
yes
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
No
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
On most things
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
a little
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 31

trpmpcman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: guy/girl question Reply with quote

I read the threads girl and guy question and im wondering how many people here agree with Dominicano224. I think some people over reacted and probably interpret it wrong. most of what he says makes sense to me, but I can understand if somebody is offended.
robert_white
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this on the other thread, but what Julian is doing is taking well-publicized ideas that are currently in vogue about how to "succeed" with women, and passing them off as his own insights. I find this hilarious, since the kid's only 15 - yet we're supposed to believe that he's some sort of papi chula.

There's a book being advertised all over the internet called "Double Your Dating". (I'm sure most of you have received at least one junk email hawking it). The author claims that being "cocky and funny" is the best way to attract women - a claim that is probably true. People are apparently paying good money for the book, since I still keep getting emails about it.

Julian, being a very young lad, apparently has read this or other similar materials and now believes himself to be enlightened. What he doesn't realize is that while these tactics ARE effective for attracting chicks, they get old pretty quickly. In other words, if you're trying to actually DATE a woman, you'll eventually need to grow up and act like you've got some sense.
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty big statement. I find it hilarious how you automatically can tell I read that by the way I talk. Have you read the book? If not, then how do you know so much about it? I noticed you said "Well, publicized" ideas, doesn't that mean that a lot of people know about it, making it common knowledge? Im not 15 and "papi chula" is misspelled. My ideas exist in a lot of cultures and way before the Internet. My uncle told me stories about what I talk about from back in the day, long before the Internet. A lot of old people share this point of view. W.W.II veterans are a good example, they are not soft, they are tough. Believe what you want but don't make false accusations. Men ARE lacking, if you want to believe being a guy who treats his women like his daughters then good luck.
puppetmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, being cocky and funny helps attract women a lot because you bring out a sense of challenge that you are untameable. (I've never read those books I speak of real life experiences like you claim to also) but Cocky and funny is not the end you better have a personality and life to be cocky about. The point is to put women out of the foresight and focus on you and inproving you. If you are constantly striving to be the best you can be and not let women get in the way but let them come for the ride. How could anyone say that is unattractive?
robert_white
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never said it wasn't true, puppetmaster. Only that it's very fashionable to say such things these days, and it's funny that Julian thinks he's being edgy or controversial in saying them.

I think the two of you should focus on your schoolwork. You've provided me with enough laughs for one night. Run along now.
trumplyr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read about two pages of the boy/girl thread & was wondering if this guy was old enough to have grown any facial hair yet. I guess Robert White answered that above.

Ignore this kid & follow the advice given by our experienced members, especially the advice given by the women here. Good luck.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best."
Frank Zappa
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice:

1.) Look the person in the eyes.
2.) Smile.
3.) Be yourself.

If the person doesn't like it, tough, their own loss.

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
trpmpcman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dominicano's comments are controversial because dozens of post followed saying how wrong he is. He said in this thread how everything he says is already common knowledge to some people, so I don't see how he is trying to be edgy or controversial. By the way im 25.
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im getting tired of this comments, it's all the same thing . Either I have no clue or I need to grow up. More creative comments please. Not only do I have facial hair, I have chest hair too. do you think im 12 or something? It is obvious that you people worship women and glorify everything they say. Anything that says they're not goddesses you scream back with cries of "blasphemy." This attitude won't lead anywhere. Maybe it's all the media brainwashing (diamond commercial want you to earn love with a nice big diamond ) maybe it's lack of balls (your mommy didn't love you and girls ignored you growing up ). Whatever it is, it's not good. God forbid I tell you that. You can't teach old dogs new tricks I guess, they will always keep they're believes until they realize the point IM trying to get across. It isn't be a jerk, it's be a man. A jerk is more attractive then a nice guy thought. All of you say im lying, but can any of you show me any real life examples that show that nice guys win Vs men? I don't mean that rich cousin that married a supermodel, I mean consistent example of nice guys winning out. I have named at least a thousand samples of the man winning. There's no need to post back until I hear a good example.
trumplyr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trpmpcman wrote:
dominicano's comments are controversial because dozens of post followed saying how wrong he is. He said in this thread how everything he says is already common knowledge to some people, so I don't see how he is trying to be edgy or controversial. By the way im 25.

I don't think his comments are controversial because of what others say. I think they're controversial because of what he says. I get the idea that his point of view is based on boys trying to date girls. I believe most of the other advice given was aimed at men dating women, and I don't mean a biological age, but more of a maturity level. I'm also guessing that he'll take this as a slam, but it's not meant that way. Once again, go back and read what the women had to say.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best."
Frank Zappa
forthaney
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man oh man I wasn't going to touch this.
I'm 34, have a beautiful wife, handsome nine month old son.
I think back to when I was in highschool which only seems like a blink of the eye. I thought I had ALL OF THE ANSWERS.
anyway not long ago
I had a boss that everyone was afraid of. He appeared powerful. He could get people fired in the blink of an eye. It just seemed like he was untouchable.
It was very well speculated that he cheated on his wife with one of the women we worked with as well as many others.

We all think his wife knew. Its a small town here,
everyone was afraid of him even his wife.

This guy lived like the way dominicano224 and puppetmaster think life should be lived by men. He was a real "womanizer" a leader; powerful and untouchable UNTIL:

one morning around the lunch table, He asked me why my wife didn't go to work yesterday.

I said why.

He said: I saw her sun bathing in your yard.

I said you did huh??

He said yeah, I was gonna call the other guys to check it out, but it wasn,t worth it.

At that point I punched him in the face. Square in the nose. Before he fell to his knees I hit him a second time in the head. I broke two fingers.

We were linemen, meaning I climbed utility poles and worked on high voltage ---12,470 volt potiential to be exact.

Dom and puppet whatever have there opinion and thats ok it might work for them. someday it might not.

it all depends on the quality of life you want.

I treat my wife the way I want to be treated; with love and respect.
I give her what she needs. I show emotion. I may even whine about stuff.

But being a man happens when you least expect it sometimes.

It does not happen in a club and it is not measured by who brings home the girls.

I'm a nice guy; I won and the jerk lost.

WHY ???

I recieved letters from neighbors, my fellow employees gave me there full support and most important I defended what I thought needed defending.

My old boss couldn't have lost because he was already a looser, but it was his wife that lost, she lost out on a quality life because of a JERK.

Dom has a strong character which is a positive triat. but that path needs to be kept in check.

Hey dom If you have any wise comments go ahead and type them.
I have strength in my own character to know what would really happen if you said them to me!!
puppetmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here listen up! You all have the wrong idea of what I'm adovocating somewhere along the way this got twisted into womanizing and how many women you can get with what style. No, People! Just because I'm not a nice guy doesn't mean I'm a jerk.....I'm a man with passion for life and everything that life has to offer, I roll with the punches, I fall, I get back up, I do whatever it take to keep rolling forward and in that process I learn to become who I am. To me if I see a girl I would like to date, I walk up and find out if she has the right personality. What's Jerk about that

Nice guy or jerk they have nothing on me so don't qaulify me as one of them cause they both disgust me. They are the extremes women deal with but a guy with the best qualities of both win in life first (important point) and women will come naturally.

Some responses for the misunderstood:

Robert: "Run along now" Does that mean you think I'm a little kid and therefore know nothing? Age does not equal wisdom old man...I see plenty of old people everyday that I'm "wiser" than. I didn't say anything about you but you seem to generalize me with Dom....just goes to show how narrowminded you are. Oh yeah, I'm 22 and doing great in school thanks for asking.

Forthaney: That guy's a jerk and I would've knocked him out too but a "nice guy" would have swallowed that comment. You may have confused nice guys with good guys. Good guys is what I'm advocating. There is no way I'm the boss your describing. I never said treat women badly. I would never do that...I treat women with respect, and honesty. I show them my emotions when the time is right not just because. I never cheat on my girlfriends. I pull out chairs, open doors, and am a perfect gentlemen. I'm not the Player or womanizer that you think my life is about. Is it that hard to believe that there are men out here that exist beyond nice guy and jerk?

One more thing Haney please don't try and threaten anyone over the internet cause it's just child play when nothing can materialize. "I have strength in my own character to know what would really happen if you said them to me!!"
puppetmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="trumplyr"]Once again, go back and read what the women had to say.[/quote]

Don't rely on women's opinion on what they want from men cause they have no idea. Want proof? Ever go shopping with a women? They can take forever to buy one thing then take it back a week later. More proof you say? Ever watch a women pick out her clothes? She'll decide on one thing then see something else and change her mind.

Take this as a comical interlude
Uncle Fester
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverstar wrote:
My advice:

2.) Smile.
3.) Be yourself.

Lara

Exactly. Marry me.

Newsflash to he-man :

"Nice" does not equal "weak".
"Sensitive" does not equal "weak".
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Fester wrote:
silverstar wrote:
My advice:

2.) Smile.
3.) Be yourself.

Lara

Exactly. Marry me.

Newsflash to he-man :

...wow...I've never been proposed to before!
I think I might be a bit young for you...sorry about that!

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Uncle Fester Posted: 15 Dec 2004 11:08 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

silverstar wrote:
My advice:

2.) Smile.
3.) Be yourself.

Lara

Exactly. Marry me.

Newsflash to he-man :

Being yourself is bad advise. You have being yourself since the beginning of time and it's obviously not working. You should IMPROVE yourself first. Then be yourself. Improve your personality, looks, character, etc., if what you do doesn't work, then something needs to go. Staying the same makes no sense.

Anyway.

forthanay, that guy is a good example. While people will focus on his bad traits, he has many good ones. He, as you described him, has an aura of invincibility, leadership and other things that all men should posses. you say he was a jerk, but that just proves that jerks do get lots of woman. If he wanted a succesful marrige he could have gotten it. He went wrong when he let his success take over. It went to his head and he thought he can do anything. He was a man but he let his balls do all his thinking. that was his tragic flaw. If anybody think everything about him is bad you should take a look at your life and see what's missing. apparently, this experience led you to believe every men is like this. There is a big difference between this type of man and what IM saying. it's like im talking about a James bond, your talking about the horny guy from American pie. If a man can posses all of his flaws and STILL get women, imagine what he could do if he didn't have them. Only then is he what I call a real man. Right now, he is just masculine.
puppetmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News flash to girly man:

Nice and sensitive = Friend (majority of the time), While being a man (but displaying nice and sensitivity when called upon) = girlfriend

Nice and senstive all the time will disgust a women.
NTlead
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
forthanay, that guy is a good example. While people will focus on his bad traits, he has many good ones. He, as you described him, has an aura of invincibility, leadership and other things that all men should posses. you say he was a jerk, but that just proves that jerks do get lots of woman. If he wanted a succesful marrige he could have gotten it. He went wrong when he let his success take over. It went to his head and he thought he can do anything. He was a man but he let his balls do all his thinking. that was his tragic flaw. If anybody think everything about him is bad you should take a look at your life and see what's missing. apparently, this experience led you to believe every men is like this. There is a big difference between this type of man and what IM saying. it's like im talking about a James bond, your talking about the horny guy from American pie. If a man can posses all of his flaws and STILL get women, imagine what he could do if he didn't have them. Only then is he what I call a real man. Right now, he is just masculine.

The contradictory statement is bolded. And Haney's story is a perfect example of how having an aura of invincibility has nothing to to with being invincible. He got his ass handed to him for being a jerk.
dominicano224
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that a contradiction? Ntlead, go to sleep. I lost respect for you when you said something like " girls only care about how nice a guy is".
NTlead
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only 6:45 and I have two tests tomorrow, so I'll probably stay up a little longer if you don't mind.

And if you don't see the contradiction, maybe you should be aware of what words like "aura" and "invincibility" mean before you type them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: