• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

French Besson Classic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtownlead
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: French Besson Classic Reply with quote

Has anybody played or still play these horns specifically the C. I want to know everything you can possibly tell me about the horn.
Still Trying
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played the C Classic, but the Bb with Najoom lead pipe is a very, very fine instrument. I have a friend, who is a trumpet instructor at the Texas University from which I happend to have graduated, and who plays principle in one of the Texas symphonies. He opted for the French Besson C for all his symphony work.

What do we have that we did not receive, and if we received it, why do we glory, as if we received it not?
the chief
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My instructor has the C, he likes it better than a Bach, but I've never asked him to really describe it for me.

I had the Bb Najoom at my house for a weekend. It's a fantastic horn. I had the .460 bore, but the Najoom leadpipe felt very open to me. The sound was fine, the valves were perfect, and it was well-built.

I would give the trumpet a 9.5-10 out of 10.
jazzartizt1742
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the Bb Najoom model. Awesome horn in every aspect. Valves and craftmanship are wonderful (Kanstul) leadpipe make the horn surprisingly open for the label .460. Basically built as a Strad clone but i like it better. All my slides and valves actually fit like they're suppsed to. Also inside is Nickel plated and the valve guides are brass just like old strads! It's just a great value for what you get. I would rate it the same as the chief 9.5. Definately recommend this as an all around horn for everyone.
Visit my website and sign my guestbook!
http://www.geocities.com/ottoman1710/jimsustachek.html?1100647891810
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DaveH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bb - it's just as good as a Bach Strad in most ways, and IMO, I like it better than a Strad in some ways. I had a Strad not long ago(stolen), so I do have a basis for comparison...if you will do a search you will find at least one or more posts from me about the horn.

I just don't quite have the time right at this moment to write a whole review. Maybe later, if you can't find my posts in the archives. Look for French Besson Classic...
trptplayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a french besson C (kanstul) for 20 years.
The horn is a wonderful instrument. No valve or plating problems ever.
Intonation is very good. The sound is exceptional, but depends on the player of course. Andre could make a garden hose sound wonderful.
I don't know what other info you might need, but I would recommend the C wholeheartedly.
Besson A/Bb -- Benge 92Bb --
Martin cornet --
gtownlead
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which bell and leadpipe length did they choose. Why a longer leadpipe or a shorter one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: