• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

And now for the very rare....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
connloyalist
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: And now for the very rare.... Reply with quote

Sorry if I am spoiling anyone's eBay coup, but I can't keep my mouth shut on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64373&item=3774974499&rd=1

A 1961 10B Victor (a "late" model), in what appears to be near-mint condition. With original lacquer by the looks of it. The "early" models do appear from time to time, the "late" models on the other hand are VERY rare. As a matter of fact, this is the first one I remember seeing on eBay, and only the 3rd one ever.

Regards, Christine
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that should be a nice one. A guy in my HS band had one purchased new. He wasn't much of a trumpeter but that Conn was fine. We had a really neat mix of trumpets in that section, back in the old days; one Bach 37, two King Super 20 Symphony Sterlings (one was mine), one Olds Mendez, one Connstellation and the Conn Victor, plus one or two less memorial horns.

Let us know if you win it.

Dave
stradman22
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one pristine horn! How much would be a fair price for that?
connloyalist
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the only one I have ever seen and played in the flesh was in very bad shape. That one played poorly, but considering its condition that didn't surprise me. So how a good condition late model plays I have no idea. The late model 10B Victor should be very similar to a 38B Connstellation, except with the nickel plating: same size bell, Coprion bell and leadpipe, same bore. The taper might be different of course, I don't know. These things are pretty rare. So a price? Who knows. I will be disappointed if it goes for less than $500.

And I am not bidding on it, by the way. I have enough instruments already I would appreciate a good picture from the person who ends up winning the auction though.

Regards, Christine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: