• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Torpedo Bag Attachments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drboogenbroom
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Torpedo Bag Attachments Reply with quote

So I just got my new Torpedo Bag with the mute bag and music pouch. Love it to death and can't wait to take it to its first gig. My only concern is if there is a way to use both the attachments at the same time? I played with it for about 30 min. and didn't see a good way to do it. Hoping I am just dumber than the case.

Thanks and Peace,
Kevin
_Kanstul-Krazy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

I can't say for sure, but I think you can only use one or the other. We only sell the Torpedo cases and the the mute bags. We never ordered in any of the music pouches, so I can't say first hand.

Did you ask the person who sold it to you if you can use them both together or not?
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Kevin, I wouldnt bother with the music pouch. Ive heard that it permanently bends your music up because it attaches and circles around the bag. I havent actually seen one hands on though so Im just going by what Ive heard.

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

"Right now I am lost, but I am on a path and will eventually find myself, and once the path ends I will have found myself; the best in the world"
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Torpedo bag has a built-in music pouch that is integral (non-removable). It wraps around the casing "tube". I believe that there is also available a "removable" music pouch...and this may be what is being referred to.
papyc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. maybe i don't understand .. but i can remove and use both mute bag and music pouch ... here is a photo ( bought from France at Slidebone.com )

Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! The mystery is solved. Where that detachable music pouch is fastened onto that bag, mine has a fixed music pouch sewn on! Since I've had my Torpedo for about two years now it is obviously an earlier variant!

I still think that it would tend to curl music stored in it for any length of time but the detachable certainly looks larger than the sewn-on version.

I purchased mine from Irvin at slidebone also.
jazzartizt1742
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats how you do it, just like the pic. It took me till the day after X-mas to get it straight but now its all good!
Visit my website and sign my guestbook!
http://www.geocities.com/ottoman1710/jimsustachek.html?1100647891810
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
papyc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with mine detachable pouch i don't have to " curl " books : i use a hard " wrap " ( i don't know the good english word for it ... exactly the same they uses in restaurant for " menus " ( maybe not an english word too ...)) and don't tight it ....

SO
1. music don't curl
2. it's feel nicer on my back ....

( and sorry for my horrible english
and for those who speak french :j'utilise une chemise rigide qui me permet de ne pas plier mes partitions et qui rend le torpedo plus agréable à porter sur le dos ....)
camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done guys!! You've solved a mystery for me as well.

I kept looking at my Torpedo case and just couldn't work out how you could put 2 attachments on. Like Ed's mine has a sewn in music pouch..much smaller, as well as only 1 set of buckles facing away from the sewn-in pouch. Obviously Ed and I have an older variant.

Trap for young players.

Regards,

Trevor
AeroStud1026
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me the original poster Kevin has the older verision also. Which begs the question since I assume he got his pretty recently how many of the old style are still in circulation. I would hate to think I was buying one without the integral pouch and receive one that has one on it.

Matt
Bach Strad 37 ML
Bach 3CW w/24 throat mpc

"Right now I am lost, but I am on a path and will eventually find myself, and once the path ends I will have found myself; the best in the world"
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

camelbrass wrote:
Like Ed's mine has a sewn in music pouch..much smaller, as well as only 1 set of buckles facing away from the sewn-in pouch. Obviously Ed and I have an older variant.

Not quite true, Trev... that introduces yet another variant! Mine has four buckle attachments for the mute bag similar to what is in the photo above. It just doesn't have the opposing 4 buckles for the music bag!

Ed
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AeroStud1026 wrote:
Seems to me the original poster Kevin has the older verision also. Which begs the question since I assume he got his pretty recently how many of the old style are still in circulation. I would hate to think I was buying one without the integral pouch and receive one that has one on it.

Request specific information from the seller with respect whether or not it has a music pocket sewn on and insist on receiving one c/w detachable mute AND music pouches.
camelbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sori Ed,

That's what I meant...struggling today. Mine has only 4 buckles and the sew-in music pouch. Not the opposing 4 for the attachable music pouch.

Back to my glass of Shiraz (hic!!)

Regards,

Trevor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: