• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ebay purchase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgolden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Ebay purchase Reply with quote

Folks,

I am just getting back into playing after a 30 year hiatus. I am currently shopping horns (man is there a selection out there!) and have seen many nice horns. I am currently top bidder on ebay for a Bach 18072 Strad http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3774787116. Any feedback on this horn? I have seen a lot re: scammers, and have been concerned about the no return policy, misleading pictures, etc.

Thanks for any feedback. BTW, its interesting to see how many trumpeters are posting from the Dallas area (where I live). Didn't know this was such a hotbed.

MKG
prof5
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKG,

Welcome! I'm new here too, but am an experienced Ebay seller. My Ebay ID is "prof5".

The seller of the horn you have bid on looks fine - he has been a seller since Dec 2000, has 100% positive feedback, and his pictures appear original. Though there are exceptions, the basic rule for ebay is: If it looks too good to be true, it is!

Best wishes on your search.

Garry
drtrumpet1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ebay purchase Reply with quote

mgolden wrote:

Thanks for any feedback. BTW, its interesting to see how many trumpeters are posting from the Dallas area (where I live). Didn't know this was such a hotbed.
MKG

Dallas has a good number of trumpet players, from high school to college and beyond. It's a good area to be in, I believe. Horn Haven has a storefront in Carrollton, with a good selection of quality trumpets such as Kanstul and Stomvi. If you are in the area, drop me a line and I'll be glad to show you what we've got. The horn you're bidding on does look good, though. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mgolden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks prof5 and drtrumpet1. I was concerned about the minimal amount of bidding on such a good looking horn. Couldn't find anything wrong tho, and your feedback helped prof5. It's mine now, perhaps I'll post when it is received. drtumpet1, I just found out about the store in Carrollton yesterday (I'm in Southlake) so I was very interested in seeing what you have. Like I said, I am so fresh back on the horn, I'm almost embarrassed to play in front of someone else, but I would like to try the Kanstuls and Stomvis sometime (perhaps you have a silenced room where only I can hear);^)

Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: