• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Are Bach 6 & Bach 6BM rims identical?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_FELIX C
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Are Bach 6 & Bach 6BM rims identical? Reply with quote

Dear friends:
Im using a cornet Bach 6 mpc with cornet to Trumpet adapter. I want to buy this mpc in the trumpet comfiguration. Bach cornet 6 have 26 throat and 24 backbore. Bach trumpet 6BM too, the question are this rims are supposed to be the same? Thanks
Benge 3X+
Benge 3 Flugelhorn
Schilke 14F4
I use my Personal Blend of Valve Oil

Last edited by _FELIX C on Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy Cooper
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - all three rims have a different shape - check the Kanstul.com site to compare the outline of the rims. My lips tell me they are different in shape and in size too. Of course the 6B has a #7 backbore, 6BM a #24 backbore, while the 6 and 6c have #10 backbores. The good news is that the 6 is a pretty good trumpet mpc though on the dark side . I have several variations of throat and backbore. A stock 6 with the throat enlarged to #26 or #25 might be a good starting place since you are used to the more open cornet mouthpiece. Most larger stores can enlarge the throat for $10 or so. Your cornet adapter also gives the feel of a more open backbore so the regular trumpet backbore may be brighter sounding than you are used to. Of course a 6 with a standard throat but a #24 symphonic backbore would be the closest to your cornet combination - perhaps you could find someone locally to enlarge the throat a little at a time until you get a good match to your cornet combination. I have a 6 top with a haggstrom/parke #24 backbore (#26 throat) and a 6 with #24 throat and Osmun approximation of a Bach 24 backbore - both work pretty well on a.464 and a .460 trumpets and are similar to the cornet/adapter sound.

Last edited by Andy Cooper on Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
_FELIX C
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem its that here's no larger store with a complete side run of Bach Mouthpieces to try and discard. I like the 6 cornet rim but in the trumpet mouthpiece configuration. You tell that have variations. Are any of them identical to the cornet one?
Benge 3X+
Benge 3 Flugelhorn
Schilke 14F4
Chaser
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix,
I have an old Bach 6 trumpet piece laying around somewhere. PM me your address and I'll send it out to you.
_FELIX C
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chaser Please check PM
Benge 3X+
Benge 3 Flugelhorn
Schilke 14F4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: