• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

bit stale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firsttimer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: bit stale Reply with quote

I would certainly be interested in a comeback book, especially for brass instruments. Been feeling a bit stale last few days, hardly anything working right on the trumpet. Took a few days of and today was great, for me anyway, in every department. Decided to play songs only, rested a bit more though, seemed to make a difference, played scales etc., after

God bless, Alan
Mr. Semman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,

As many suggested in other posts, "get a teacher". Every comeback player has different abilities, that a good trumpet teacher can identify and advise. They will know what type of books you should use and lead you through them.

I took lessons from the first month of my comeback and for most of my first year. I would have not progressed so far or so well, if I had tried to do so on my own.

Here are a couple of web sites I visit.
www.trumpethink.com and http://abel.hive.no/ctg/

Relax and enjoy your playing even if it may sound stale to you.

Good luck.

Gary
Bach 5C
Bach 3C
BAA Bugler
firsttimer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: stale Reply with quote

Gary, appreciate your advice, I am being trained by the Salvation Army once a week privately, which is great. I am being taught to play first cornet pieces and have to play at the required rythumn and range and am finding it to be a real challenge.

God bless, Alan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: