• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cichowicz Master Class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kghtpt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Cichowicz Master Class Reply with quote

For anyone within driving distance of Milwaukee, Vincent Cichowicz is giving a master class at 2:00 this Saturday, March 12th, as part of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Trumpet Day. Also on the schedule are classes and performances from Stephen Burns and me. Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

Kevin Hartman
Trumpet Prof.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Brlee2003
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait! It's definitely worth the money!
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm jealous! Be sure to post how it went for us voyeurs... - Don
mad-dog
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof. Hartman-
I just posted on this in reply to Lawler Bb's post in the Lounge and was going to try to hunt up your email address to tell you - an outstanding presentation again this year, and thank you very much for putting it on. Millions of people play golf for their own enjoyment, some of them work pretty hard at it because they enjoy it more when they're better at it, and there are a lot of resources available to help them get better at it. Those of us who play (serious) music purely for our own pleasure have to look a lot harder to find that kind of resource. What you're doing by putting on this program, and making it available to people like me - a middle-aged comeback player with limited connections in the music world - is beyond price.

Thanks!
Dave
Brlee2003
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time at Trumpet Day. Kevin Hartman, Stephen Burns and Vincent Cichowitz all gave good helpful master classes. The performances were also very good. Thanks agian Professor Hartman, and I look forward to next year!
GAL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Vincent Cichowicz Reply with quote

Professor Hartman,

I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Cichowicz's master class last year at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh. It was a wonderful lecture and he really approached the trumpet and brass playing from a "common sense and musical" point of view. (I love listening to recordings of him and Bud Herseth playing with the CSO. What a great section.)

I also had the opportunity of hearing one of your students, Tim Brutcher, play a computerized piece written by Roger Dannenburg of Carniegie Mellon U. Tim did a great job and is a good friend. Please tell him I said hi.

So, thank you for putting on the trumpet master classes and concerts. It's what I feel is missing in a lot of our high school and even some of our college programs. Incidently, I read somewhere where a university in Oklahoma is putting on free weekly master classes and inviting all the high school trumpet players in their area to participate. That must be some undertaking, but I'm sure it has it's rewards.

Thanks again,

Gene
the chief
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hartman

I want to say thank you for the oppurtunity that we had at trumpet day. Your masterclass was also very helpful, and the entire day was an awesome experience. I really loved the duet you and Mr. Burns did on the Piccs.

Trumpet Day was well-worth the money, it's too bad more peolpe didn't take advantage of the oppurtunity to learn from such great teachers.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: