• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Conn Wonder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdave
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Conn Wonder Reply with quote

I am thinking about buying a Conn Wonder (Bb-A) cornet. I've only seen pictures, but it appears to be in very good condition. Assuming that the valves and slides at least move, what is the going price for one of these?
Thanks in advance.
Dave Little
BRSpringer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a New York Wonder a few years ago for $300, but it had some problems. There was a crack in the 2nd valve slide and on the Bb pipe. The bell, however was in excellent condition: no dents and the engraving was sharp. A lot of the plating was gone. I really couldn't tell how it played until after it came back from the cornet hospitol. On horns that old you have to be aware of the fact that the valves can wear and leak. With the old short shank cookie cutter mouthpiece that came with it, mine gets a beautiful, warm sound, somewhat closer to a flugel.
Good luck!

Barry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: