• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Teenage Forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TH,
I think we should have a Teenage forum. In light of current complaints by adults, this has been suggested. I am all for it. We have our problems, and then the adults could not complain. I think it is a great idea. Of course, it should be moderated by an adult so things don't get out of hand. What do you say, everyone under 18?

[ This Message was edited by: Goldenchops55 on 2002-07-24 14:49 ]
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Us Kids or Teenagers all share similar problems and can relate to each other better. We all go threw the same things and understand each other better. Sometimes adults or older people just don't understand us and we don't always understand them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
screamertrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't really make sense...

So you guys want a forum where only teeenagers (kids) can reply, get help, etc., correct? IMHO, couldn't you get the same help from the regular forums? I mean, kids reply all the time in those. IF YOU'RE BOTHERED BY AL CASS AND A441, just ignore them and look at all the good advice you got (since they don't seem to be giving any good advice, anyways). Let Bachboy take care of people like that (have you guys read his posts? wow, that kid must have some serious emotional problems to revolt to them like that...)
This is just my humble (yet honest) opinion to this matter...

Trevor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a forum for just kids in order to get the help we need. Only kids see other kids point of view. Come on, all we are interested in is Range and showing off. We will be able to help each other with our problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Goldenchops55 on 2002-07-24 14:50 ]
trptmaster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about golden chops but you got a dirty mouth son. You might want to check that language at your texas middle school gym. But I really would love to see a forum where you little fellas give each other advice. That would be a real kick in the pants

In peace,

trptmaster

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 00:15, Goldenchops55 wrote:
We need a forum for just kids in order to get the help we need. Only kids see other kids point of view. Plus those fags like Al Cass and A441 will have no reason to complain about our childish posts. Come on, all we are interested in is Range and showing off. We will be able to help each other without negative responses from the more arrogant members of TH.
Quadruple C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Quadruple C on 2003-09-19 23:49 ]
thaxterj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that would be the forum where folks talk about playing a double high C after playing for 4-5 years, and how to show off and intimidate folks at all-state auditions. The teen forum would be a great idea, a place where players with little or no background or talent could encourage and instruct each other. "Nobody understands us" in the calling card of the immature, ignorant and narrow-minded. Good luck!
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAY! --You older guys!!! --GET OFF this thread!! ....let them talk on their own...
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Goldenchops55 on 2002-07-24 14:51 ]
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 02:14, Quadruple C wrote:
Actually I think it's a cool idea. High School and Jr. High School are great times in a person's life and should be celebrated, you only do it once in your life and nothing is like it, fun times. Everybody has to go through all of the pains of growing up and I think having a forum to share experiences would be fun and make the hard times more enjoyable. It's actually a great time to be young because the information that is available is tremendous. I would love to moderate it, I'm like a big kid anyway, David

David,
If you were serious, you would be the perfect moderator. If we do get a forum, I hope you moderate it. BTW, everyone, the forum would not be just about trumpet playing. We have many other hobbies and things we could talk about other than just trumpet playing.

[ This Message was edited by: Goldenchops55 on 2002-07-24 12:10 ]
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-23 23:54, screamertrumpet wrote:

So you guys want a forum where only teeenagers (kids) can reply, get help, etc., correct? IMHO, couldn't you get the same help from the regular forums? I mean, kids reply all the time in those. IF YOU'RE BOTHERED BY AL CASS AND A441, just ignore them and look at all the good advice you got (since they don't seem to be giving any good advice, anyways). Let Bachboy take care of people like that (have you guys read his posts? wow, that kid must have some serious emotional problems to revolt to them like that...)

Trevor

Yeah we could get the advice from those other forums. But it's not the same. I know allot of teens that are members of the Trumpet Herald Community but don't participate as often because they can't connect with what you older guys talk about. I mean lets be real hear. You guys don't go threw the same stuff that we have to go threw. I mean some of you guys don't even understand why range and endurance is so important in high school. We want to be able that High E at the end of the songs. We need it. And all you guys ever tell us is to grow up and keep telling us about how that stuff isn't as important. Well it is to us. We want to be able to talk about Arturo Sandoval and Maynard Ferguson and about how some day we'll be playing lead for them and busting out double C's on our wild thing. WE want to talk about band camp stories and stupid stuff that we do. WE wana share stories. We wana debate about which drum corps kicks the most A$$ and who can play higher.

On the other hand you guys wana talk about the creativeness of miles davis, and the technique of Phil Smith and the tone of Maurice Andre. Sure we appreciate that stuff too but we wana talk to each other about what we feel without having people tell us about how immature we are and about how we need to grow up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldenchops55
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 12:29, trjeam wrote:
Quote:

On 2002-07-23 23:54, screamertrumpet wrote:

Trevor

Yeah we could get the advice from those other forums. But it's not the same. I know allot of teens that are members of the Trumpet Herald Community but don't participate as often because they can't connect with what you older guys talk about. I mean lets be real hear. You guys don't go threw the same stuff that we have to go threw. I mean some of you guys don't even understand why range and endurance is so important in high school. We want to be able that High E at the end of the songs. We need it. And all you guys ever tell us is to grow up and keep telling us about how that stuff isn't as important. Well it is to us. We want to be able to talk about Arturo Sandoval and Maynard Ferguson and about how some day we'll be playing lead for them and busting out double C's on our wild thing. WE want to talk about band camp stories and stupid stuff that we do. WE wana share stories. We wana debate about which drum corps kicks the most A$$ and who can play higher.

On the other hand you guys wana talk about the creativeness of miles davis, and the technique of Phil Smith and the tone of Maurice Andre. Sure we appreciate that stuff too but we wana talk to each other about what we feel without having people tell us about how immature we are and about how we need to grow up.

EXCELLENT REPLY! This is the whole point of the Teen forum in a nutshell
Vessehune
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go for it. I don't see any down side to it.
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey roddy,

what exactly is old in your book?? that way i'll know if your talking to me or not
dwm1129
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea and you guys should go for it!
a441
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 00:15, Goldenchops55 wrote:
We need a forum for just kids in order to get the help we need. Only kids see other kids point of view. Plus those fags like Al Cass and A441 will have no reason to complain about our childish posts. Come on, all we are interested in is Range and showing off. We will be able to help each other without negative responses from the more arrogant members of TH.

That's why you don't belong in these forums....everytime you open your mouth, you stick your foot in it!!!!!

As for the word you used...You don't find anything wrong with it? If you walked up to a police officer and called him that, he can arrest you. That word actually has a meaning. Stop while you're ahead. I have no problem giving advice to anyone, but you have to treat people better then you do. The way you act, you don't belong in a teenage forum. you belong in a zoo!
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't we have a 40 and over forum, then we could discuss how to practice when kids are pulling on your shirt tail, or how to alleviate back pain while playing, etc...

isn't the point of this website, TRUMPET PLAYING??
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry, i couldn't resist. we can call it romper room. just kidding
caedes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what advocates of a separate 'teenager' forum are looking for are separate 'mature' and 'immature' discussion areas. I mean, lets face it, that's basically what we're talking about. We all know that younger people who are mature and can sociably interact with others will go to the 'older person' section while immature older people will hang out in the 'teenager' section where they can cuss and carry on.

On the other hand I think a separate discussion for younger players would be detremental to their developement. Who better to learn from than older players who have done it all? Sure kids might be able to 'learn from each other', but as someone mentioned earlier this would just be the blind leading the blind after a certain level of developement.

So lets just call it as it is. What people are asking for are separte discussion areas for 'mature' and 'immature' members.

I my opinion the better alternative is to have board moderators who will conscientiously apply a uniform code of civility on discussions, and to have members how understand that being polite is really the only way to solve this problem.
ChopsMcgraw
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Man! If everyone is cool to each other, no problems!

ChopsMcgraw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: