• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Teenage Forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there should be a Teenage forum. It can be good...

52' Olds Recording LA
Wick gold 4X

-=0=-Music is what gives us the beat, but it is also what makes beat our heart -=0=-
Strawdoggy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TH,
<<I think we should have a Teenage forum. In light of current complaints by adults, this has been suggested. I am all for it. We have our problems, and then the adults could not complain. I think it is a great idea. Of course, it should be moderated by an adult so things don't get out of hand. What do you say, everyone under 18?>>

I am not under 18, so I shouldn't reply, but....

I guess I missed the posts where an age feud developed. - Thank goodness for that!

As a band director, I work with middle-high school students on a regular basis. I know and remember what it was like to be _ teen. Probably, a "teen lounge" or something on that order could be a good thing. The only problem I have with it is that I hate to think that up-and-coming teenage players are going to spend too much time in such a forum when there is such a wealth of information being put out here on the TH every day. Remember, the one thing we have in common here is we are all trumpeters looking for knowledge/advice.

Some of the best "lessons" I ever got were when I was 19 years old and got to play in big bands with guys like Lin Biviano and Don Downs (now playing Broadway). Man, I used to pick their brains for info..

Would this forum be for teens only? I.E. - if someone sees an active forum topic to which they would like to respond, would they have to be under age 20?

Steve
limits_unknown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... I have mixed feelings about this. It seems that the best help would come from experienced players. I havent seen any posts saying much bad about teenagers. They all seem to be kind and helpful, no matter what age. Also, some players tend to tell tales about their trumpet playing(not me, of course ), which can result from no help at all to actually deproving(is that a word?) their playing. So, on these terms, I dont see much need for one.

On the other hand, it would be pretty cool to be able to talk w/ peers, because if you hear someone your age talk about how they did something, it makes you realise it's more possible than you think it is. So, on these terms, I could see how this would be helpful.

My 2 cents (from a 17 y.o. himself)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: