• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

To Jeff Lambardino

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-04 01:03 Jeff Lambardino wrote in the “Tongue = Air Velocity?” Topic Discussion:

My recommendation is for Bachboy to be removed from this site and for all new registerants to be required to list a valid email address and their real name and city of residence before membership is allowed. This will cut down on the alias posters like Bachboy, (Locke aka John Mohan) and others….

…Just like I said Pair of Kings.
Prove where I am always after you. The fact is that I have not made a response to you in months. Readers can observe and see the truth. However you have blasted me very recently in another thread but I did not even reply to your sarcastic response where you complain about me exposing John Mohan…

…I continue in amazement Roddy and his back slapping half truth telling buddies like QuadC are prompting him to write a book. What is the world coming to?
Roddy and Quad C have been caught in more cases of misinformation and outright ludicrious posting in a public place than should be allowed…

…What Shew and Roddy fail to tell you is that when depending on stretching to corner tension as the means for controling the closed setting sure it will hinder the sound….

…I will not waste time fighting the irrational likes of QuadC, Bacon, Roddy, Mohan, EBJAZZ, or any of their back slapping crew.
The out of tune situation and thin sound that Shew experiences is because...

Jeff L.

Jeff,

1) I agree with you about the need for a way to be found to control the problem with people using false names and aliases and then posting rotten stuff onto the forum.

But I need to make something very clear:

I have never posted to the Herald, to TPIN or to any internet forum using a name other than my own, with the exception of a Datsun Z car forum that no longer exists. I had a nickname there as my Forum ID, but I always signed my posts with my actual name. Whoever Locke is, I assure you he is not me. Out of curiosity I did a search on the name “Locke” on the Herald and I see that (as I suspected) his ideas don’t concur with yours. They also don’t always concur with mine:

Quote:

Posted: 2002-06-28 19:21 by Locke:

BTW, Goldenchops, I agree that you should contact Pops. He will be of TREMENDOUS help to you.

Anyone who knows me knows that I would never recommend “Pops” to anyone as a trumpet teacher (except maybe to you). I like him, but “Pops” is on the other side of the camp from my philosophy on trumpet playing.

2) I see quotes above of you bashing Roddy, Bobby Shew, and me. Have you ever noticed that the people you disagree with and constantly insult, happen to be amongst the successful Professional Trumpet Players who currently make their livings PLAYING THE TRUMPET??!! Roddy plays in the London musicals. You know my employment history. We all know Bobby Shew’s abilities and success record. Putting down players of this caliber makes you look foolish.

3) What’s this about you “exposing John Mohan”? You “exposed” me? Hilarious.

4) I have never heard Bobby Shew play with a “thin sound” or out-of-tune. He is one of the best most powerful players I have ever heard.

Notice please, that I don’t waste my time attacking you and directing insults in your direction. Notice that (again) I only waste my time responding to your attacks and insults directed in the first place at me (and others in this case).

Sincerely,

John Mohan

[ This Message was edited by: John Mohan on 2002-08-17 11:53 ]
Locke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure I am not John Mohan. I am the alias of a lesser known forum member, that got fed up with being nice:D
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-18 17:19, Locke wrote:
I assure I am not John Mohan. I am the alias of a lesser known forum member, that got fed up with being nice:D

What a horrible thing to be fed up with.
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, all I got to say is everybody knows who Roddy and Shew are, and frankly I have sat within few feet to clear across an auditorium from Shew, and there is nothing thin or out of tune about his sound. He is truly a world class trumpet player and one of my all time favorite inspirations. It's easy to be a critic, it's harder to be a great player and a genuine mentor, inspiration.

http://www.richwetzel.com
http://www.groovinhigher.com

[ This Message was edited by: groovinhigher on 2002-08-18 21:57 ]
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel compelled to add my experience with Bobby Shew to this forum topic.

I can not imagine anyone who has heard Bobby Shew in person say he plays with a "thin" sound. At a clinic I attended he played double C's and D's so loud and fat that everyone in the room was holding their ears. And Mr. Shew had been kind enough before playing to actually point his horn away from the crowd. You do not build a resume like his as one of the most sought after lead players in the world by playing out of tune or with a thin sound.

More important is the absolute love and respect he shows for the music each and every time he picks up his horn. The number of fine players who have spent time with him and praise him for his incredible giving nature are all the testament that is needed. We could use a few more Bobby Shew's in this ego driven business.

[ This Message was edited by: ScottA on 2002-08-19 15:11 ]
bj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
On 2002-08-17 08:10, John Mohan wrote:
Quote:

On 2002-08-04 01:03 Jeff Lambardino wrote in the “Tongue = Air Velocity?” Topic Discussion:

The out of tune situation and thin sound that Shew experiences is because...

Jeff L.

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: John Mohan on 2002-08-17 11:53 ]</font>

Hi
I wish I could play lead with such a thin sound as Mr Shew.
yours
Brian Jones
ChopsMcgraw
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby? Thin? Good lord a wide sound must be trombone like, ehn bobby was up here in Flag his sound was 4 miles wide... and thats at 7500 ft.....

ChopsMcgraw
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Bobby Shew is a wonderful player. But in a similar discussion many months ago, I posted specific examples of points in his "Salsa Caliente" album where his upper register falls flat and loses focus. I surely didn't do this to attack Mr. Shew. I did it merely to point out that even a player of this elite caliber can't be used as a blind example of technical development. The trumpet is such a difficult and misunderstood instrument that there is much, much more to learn. Best regards, Kyle
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

. . . Notice please, that I don’t waste my time attacking you and directing insults in your direction. Notice that (again) I only waste my time responding to your attacks and insults directed in the first place at me (and others in this case).

Sincerely,

John Mohan

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: John Mohan on 2002-08-17 11:53 ]</font>

Sorry John,

You started this new thread . . . addressed directly to Jeff L. (rather than sending a private e-mail to him). You begin:

"Notice please, that I don’t waste my time attacking you and directing insults in your direction. Notice that (again) I only waste my time responding to your attacks and insults directed in the first place at me (and others in this case)."

Sorry John, go back and read what you wrote again when you initiated this new post. It ain't adding up!

THREE POINTS
1. You DID directly call Jeff out for a fight by initiating this BRAND NEW post on an old issue. Jeff, if he's replied to you at all, has been in private.

2. If you had wanted to quietly handle it with Jeff you could have done so via e-mail.

3. Evidently, you want to keep things stirred up rather than "MODERATE" things.

Tell me it ain't so.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-24 00:07, tom turner wrote:
Quote:

. . . Notice please, that I don’t waste my time attacking you and directing insults in your direction. Notice that (again) I only waste my time responding to your attacks and insults directed in the first place at me (and others in this case).

Sincerely,

John Mohan

Sorry John,

You started this new thread . . . addressed directly to Jeff L. (rather than sending a private e-mail to him). You begin:

"Notice please, that I don’t waste my time attacking you and directing insults in your direction. Notice that (again) I only waste my time responding to your attacks and insults directed in the first place at me (and others in this case)."

Sorry John, go back and read what you wrote again when you initiated this new post. It ain't adding up!

THREE POINTS
1. You DID directly call Jeff out for a fight by initiating this BRAND NEW post on an old issue. Jeff, if he's replied to you at all, has been in private.

2. If you had wanted to quietly handle it with Jeff you could have done so via e-mail.

3. Evidently, you want to keep things stirred up rather than "MODERATE" things.

Tell me it ain't so.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

Hi Tom,

Please consider my answers to your posting:

to 1) Though this is/was a new subject post, it only was one because the prior thread was locked. It was not in response to an "old issue". The issue was one that had happened within about 24 hours of my response. And Jeff hasn't replied to me apologizing for his accusation directed toward me. I'm not holding my breath.

to 2) I responded publically to some things Jeff wrote publically. What's the point of responding "quietly" (privately)? My preference was for the same people who read Jeff's post, to read my post. If Jeff attacks me publically (which he did), then do I not have a right to respond in the same public forum?

If Jeff insinuates that I have been hiding behind an alias posting nasty messages, do I not have the right to defend myself in the same public forum that Jeff falsely accuses me in?

To 3) I don't want to keep things stirred up. I just want people to stop posting things that aren't true about me or about folks I care about.

I will continue to respond (publically) to publically posted threads I find to be inaccurate - time permitting.

Respectfully,

John Mohan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: