• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Breathing/Throat/Mouth position

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregtrum84
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Breathing/Throat/Mouth position Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

This a copy of a post I've put in the Chicago and Fundamentals forums, so on the advice of one of your colleagues I'm posting it once again here. Thanks for the thoughts.

G

Original Message:

Hey all,

I've been having some trouble lately with throat tension. I'm trying to blow but I feel restriction in my throat and it seems like the air isn't coming out as efficiently as it could be. I just had a lesson from a vocalist, and she did a lot of work trying to get the resonance of my singing voice up into my nasal passages and head. What I felt, at least initially was my throat open up and the muscles there "let go" of the air. It's a very subtle thing, the difference between talking with your voice placed in the front of your mouth versus letting it slip back into your throat. I found that when I played after my vocal lesson, I found really beautiful resonance and effortless airflow. I've tried to recall that sound and duplicate it, but it's slipped away for now. I'm probably going to have another vocal lesson, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to place your mouth or the relationship between the singing position and the trumpet playing? Any ideas on how I can get my throat to let go of things?

Thanks,

Greg
Billy B
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep singing everthing you play. Get a recording of Jussi Bjorling and listen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: