• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tingling Lips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhawktrumpet85
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Tingling Lips Reply with quote

Lately, as I've been practicing, I've noticed that in my periods of rest my lips (the part in the mouthpiece) feelings really tingly. I'm not forcing my sound or anything...I'm keeping the goal in the front of my mind...but when I'm done playing my lips tingle and my corners are burning a little bit (I always stop before complete fatigue and come back later when I'm fresh).
Have any of you ever had similar experiences? What causes this? Is it good or bad? Thanks in advance.
steve_fenick
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, the tingling is good. It usually means that you are getting a good, unforced vibration and are producing sound in a relaxed manner.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they are not numb or hurting I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're supporting your sound (chops) with air, they'll tingle, which is good! We should all tingle more often...
trumpet66

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same feeling in my muscles after weightlifting. I bet the reason the corners of your mouth are burning is because, since they are a muscle, they're tiring out. I'd say just relax for a few minutes and let them recoup before playing.
emile

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you also feel the tingling when you do a freebuzz (in horse-style) for a few minutes. I think it means that blood is flowing to/through your lips, which is, I think, a good thing. It means that you are not playing with excessive pressure, which is also confirmed by the burning corners.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
allstarbugler
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tingling is good and should be the desired result when you take the horn away from the lips. It means the blood is circulating properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: