• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

silent brass for piccolo trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you used the Yamaha silent brass system with a piccolo trumpet? Some months ago I have started to learn to play a picc. However, I can not practice at home because of the neighbours. I would really like to get more practice time on the picc. and was thinking of the silent brass system as a possible solution (I like it reasonably well for my Bb).
Does the SB change the intonation of a picc a lot? How does it affect the resistance?
I find picc playing challenging enough as is, and would like to know if the SB system makes it even more difficult or near impossible.
Thanks, Bart
Trumpetmikey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the Silent Brass System on tour, and the picc mike does make things difficult. It adds more backpressure. My suggestion is to just lay back and take it easy. Try some scales, slowly working your way into the upper register, and if you feel pressure building in your head, back off.
In a way, it is like putting a cork in the bell, but it can work if you take it easy. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: