• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Super Chops forum now private

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moderator has requested that the 'Super Chops' forum be made private. Please contact Lee Adams via private message to request access to the forum.

Thank you.
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a shame...I'm on my way to Lee to ask to be let in.

Roddy o-iii<O

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Jerome has moved on to what he calls TCE is there a chance that there will be a TCE forum after his book is published?
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB

Last edited by dbacon on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mikester
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue Controlled Embouchure
Lex Grantham
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Callet book "Trumpet Secrets" is to start shipping on September 1. Requirements are a check or money order in the amount of $60.00 plus another $6.00 for shipping and handling.

Sent a request for the book to:

Jerome Callet
125 Lake Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10303 US

Be sure to include your:

Name
Address
Phone

Sincerely,

Lex Grantham
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaude Lee for returning the SC forum to its original format--a PRIVATE forum for those interested in learning about Superchops.

Of late several of the most historically hostile people to the SC approach came onto the SC forum trying to stir things up.

For goodness sakes, the SC forum was intended to give advice to seekers . . . not intended to force everyone to spend time dealing with debate.

To all seeking help with SC . . . and not to debate it . . . contact Lee Adams and get signed up.

Once again the forum can operate as it was intended to do . . . by focusing our efforts to help people, not debate 'em.

Bravo Lee!
edtaylor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why it had to be, though I fail to understand why any rational person would come over just to bash. Maybe I just answered the question!
Quadruple C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Quadruple C on 2003-09-19 23:58 ]
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Any forum moderator can opt to go private if they want. It really doesn't matter. I understand that Lee won't exclude you unless behavior gets ugly. Of course, that's never happened on the SC forum!

2. Jerry's new system is called "Tongue Controlled Embouchure?" Sheesh! The Claude Gordon guys are going to have a field day with that one.

3. The Debate Forum IS slanted, but slanted towards those players who like to clarify issues through the debate process. For some reason - I can't imagine why - the SC and lip position guys tend to fit this profile.

Jeff
http://www.trumpetteacher.net
_PhilPicc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I contact Lee?

Thanks,
Phil

We cannot expect you to be with us all the time, but perhaps you could be good enough to keep in touch now and again."
- Sir Thomas Beecham to a musician during a rehearsal
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His email is listed in his profile. Go to the main forum menu, and click onto his name in the far right moderator column.

Jeff
Lee Adams
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debate is fine there is a debate forum set up for such things. Whether or not it is chop doc moderated is irrelevant. Anyone who wants to intelligently debate or challenge issues regarding SC(including you Quad C) can present substantive evidences to refute it if they so desire in the debate forum. Otherwise I and others will most likely not waste time debating with those who have nothing other than biased opinions who have not researched about SC or embouchures in general(I don't expect SC forum participants to have to engage with anti embouchure attackers in a dedicated forum environment)

The dedicated forums are designed to help people in understanding about a specific topic.
Certain posters who have not even made the effort to get the SC book and attempt to understand it's text and the important illustrations, those posters have recently herded into the SC forum with anti embouchure biased agenda.

Therefore the educational resource is not allowed to continue to function to it's potential for those who were willing to learn. Particularly after I requested for arguing to cease and be done in email or private message in a thread started by a poster who does not even intend to get the SC book and study it because he was afraid that someone would think that he was trying to do SC.

Needless to say that my request to restore order and stop the arguing was ignored.

Over a dozen flamefest threads have been removed from SC forum since the first of the year in an effort to keep a positive, educational environment and a daily filtering and deletion of profanity, vulgarity, from posters who have no email address or user information in their user profile has left me with no choice but to return to private registration. So that I can better authenticate users and weed out the flammers who continue to post profanities sometimes on every single thread in the SC forum. This takes up to 10-12 hours to sort thru and remove the profanity and try to arrange the topics back in their most current order. I simply don't have the time to keep doing this.

The SC forum will be completely moved to a new website on or around 9/15/2002. I will become an advertiser on the TH website and hope to leave a link in the dedicated forum section for http://www.trumpetchops.com The site is under construction right now and will be the home of:

1.Double C Gold and Silver Plating Services.
Entire horns, mouthpieces, trim, etc.

2. "The Efficient Embouchure" a scientific analysis of embouchure types and air usages.
Authored by Lee Adams

3. Callet dealer artist representative

4. Small Stock of Northernbrass demo pieces
Warburton mouthpiece master kit

5. "The Efficient Embouchure studio"

As always AAtozhvac@cs.com 706-347-2429

Lee Adams

Edit:
The "Efficient Embouchure" book will be available on or around Sept 20th. I will announce introduction.
The first 50 copies of my "Chops and Air Control for trumpet" were stopped due to printing problems and durring the problem solving interim I renamed the book to "Efficient Embouchure"

[ This Message was edited by: Lee Adams on 2002-08-27 13:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lee Adams on 2002-10-14 17:30 ]
Lee Adams
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the following for registration. Once I get it and verify it is passed on the webmaster who enters it in the system. It can take up to 2-3 days to get it all done.

1. Full name
2.TH user name
3. verifiable email address
4. phone number
5. mailing address for ocassional newsletter

Thanks
Lee Adams

Edit:
The "Efficient Embouchure" book will be available on or around Sept 20th. I will announce introduction.
The first 50 copies of my "Chops and Air Control for trumpet" were stopped due to printing problems and durring the problem solving interim I re named the book to "Efficient Embouchure"

[ This Message was edited by: Lee Adams on 2002-08-27 13:22 ]
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-24 21:01, Quadruple C wrote:
Ok. Let's be fair about this though guys. If you SC guys do not want any as you say "debate" then the rest of the forum can ask the same of you as well, correct ? . . .

. . . I have always just wanted things to be on fair ground for everyone with no double standards. I personally think it is not a good thing to have a private forum. I doubt the other forums will do this and they have undergone plenty of criticizing and debate. But it is your SC forum and whatever you SC guys want with it, that is cool with me. David

Hi David,

I actually think it is a great idea to eliminate the opposing debate of different "schools" from the educational value of the private forum concept.

I didn't feel that way until the events that transpired on the SC forum beginning on August 17th. Once Mahon came in with an attack from an opposing forum, others in his camp followed.

For once, Mr. Humble FINALLY made a believer out of me about ONE thing . . . of the fact that there needs to be at least one "quiet" place on the forum where we can help folks learn SC without harassment.

To my thinking, these opposing "schools" are a lot like opposing "religions." All the debate in the world between the most devoted individuals of the different religions will not change the mind of an opposing person with deeply held beliefs. It's the same with the opposing views on embouchure.

Like religion, I feel it is proper and respectful NOT to go onto the opposing chops forums to initiate debate or make hostile comments. If someone doesn't believe in SC, fine, but don't muddy the waters in OUR forum.

Our private site is now reserved for helping players master the SC system.

There are plenty of places throughout the open forums for people to split hairs, call opposing people "fools," and argue with one another about their preferred method to master the horn.

Frankly, I don't give a rip which system ANY player chooses as long as they get the results, and most people would agree. Sadly, this view is not a universal one or we wouldn't have had to take this drastic step.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent Lee the requirements asked for to be let in to the forum.

Roddy o-iii<O

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
Big Jake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Tom the senseless attitude of bashing SC has been a favorite past time for JM, Bacon, and the slew of minions that follow the TPIN bunch of flamers. At one time the TH forum had class and morals. Now it has become a free for all who want to attack and bash.
I question the integrity of the site when it allows a moderator to act and then keep on acting like JM has been allowed to do.
Mohan certainly has an inside source of imunity with the webmaster to keep getting away with what he does.
Sadly the whole site is suffering because of the gross favoritism that JM gets from the webmaster.
As if Mohans outrageous attack on SC in the debate forum was not enough of a breach of moderator edicate he has got bolder and bolder in his bashing. Shame on the webmaster for allowing this to happen without doing anything to stop it.

Jake

[ This Message was edited by: big jake on 2002-08-25 01:34 ]
Quadruple C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Quadruple C on 2003-09-19 23:59 ]
Quadruple C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Quadruple C on 2003-09-20 00:00 ]
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand why Lee is taking the forum private. The increasing number of flamers that were stirring up trouble for kicks without making any contribution. Disagreeing with a point of view because you feel you have have a valid point of view is one thing but just to take potshots or ridicule peoples ideas when you have no idea what you are talking about is another. Good decision Lee. Also your new website sounds exciting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: