• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

retraction

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChopsMcgraw
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick-
Naw man, my post was by no m,eans directed anywhere even near you. Most all of your dissenting posts have been backed up with actual facts, though we may disagree on a few things, (the whole DCI/athlete thing) I have no problem with your views and you have the ability to say what you mean without crossing the line. I speak to the posters who seem to post only for the opportunity to flame. I don't like that scene at all, and feel that the herald members who do not like this flaming foolishness should start strongly discouraging posts of this nature every time they appear. Anyhow, I love this site and don't want it to become a gigantic cybernetic urine velocity competition, because thats just a waste of time. I perhaps spoke a little too strongly on the last post, and will edit as such. Anyhow, to make it short and sweet, I gots no problems wit you Nick Peace out-

ChopsMcgraw
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dig

Cybernetic Urine Velocity Competition.
Do you think they're athletes? ha ha ha just kidding.

[ This Message was edited by: Nicholas Dyson on 2002-08-28 15:16 ]
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brotha Lee and Chop!!!!
OPPPPPPPPPPS!
I stand GUILTY AS CHARGED...AND OFTEN RESEMBLE THESE REMARKS..
and SADLY, have done waaaaay more than my share of FLAME-THROWIN' but in HONEST TRUTH, IT IS SOMEHOW CONNECTED WITH MY SIN NATURE and IN SOME SICK WAY, find myself almost enjoying the ride... beyond the bounds of decency and find that I almost enjoy taking a few of our known flamesters' flamersters' often willingness to stick their minds waaaaaaaaay out there...

knowing full and well that I have just lit the fuse...that will pull down the rath' of flaming fire.

SO, I KNOW IT IS WAAAAAAAAY BEYOND TIME...to bite the big one and change my truly offensive handle from BADBOY, to??????????????

OK! Lee...McG....Nick....Tom...I can feeeeeel the vibrations coming through the PC!
HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT!!!!
GIVE ME A NEW HANDLE....NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!!!
Brother NICK, TOM???
Both of you know and share in my lameness?) and would NOT HOLD BACK!!!!
Both Chops and Lee have always given me waaaaaaaay too much grace and feel my status bording on hope-less retrobate with these two fine gentlemen of goodkuthdom and all that jazz.
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new handle: ALL THAT JAZZ
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPANKY!!!
YOU ARE TOO KIND! HA! That has a familiar "ring" to it!
I like it.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BADBOY,

Again . . . I've been gone all week and have just logged back on.

DON'T CHANGE YOUR BAD-OL' NAME!

The Herald would be a much better place if you wuz the baddest dude by the nature of your wonderful posts!

Your humor, knowledge and pleasantness is appreciated by all . . . once we get to know ya!!!

Maybe I should be called the badboy . . . for I burned you a pristine new copy of the Dingo CD . . . then went on the road and misplaced it. Sorry 'bout that. I'll try to find it tomorrow and mail it Tuesday!

One problem though . . . bowhunting season for Bambi and her brothers and daddy started in Jaw-GA today (while I was still gone) . . . and I'm gonna have to sneak out sometime tomorrow and try to "spear" one of 'em for the ol' grill.

I'd LOVE to make a neat bumper sticker (that only the BADBOY could probably appreciate the humor) that would say:

"I LOVE ANIMALS . . . (they taste good)!"

Ooops . . . time to "Don" the ol' asbestos suit!

Have a great weekend, my NW bad ol' friend!

Tom
_PhilPicc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-28 02:56, ChopsMcgraw wrote:
Can't we all just get along? I mean really, there is a debating forum if you want to argue. If you have a dissenting opinion, voice in a logical non-inflammatory manner. If you're going to be inflammatory be damned sure you can back it up very well. Flaming for the sake of flaming on this site only perpetuates the myth that us trumpeters are ego monsters. I can see Lee Adams point of view on this, he wants a forum that is only helpful with minimal BANDWIDTH wasting comments, if he had to make it private to do it, it is only a reflection of the people that are posting on this site, sad though that may be. If you want it to be open, take the fight to the immature posters that seem to view it necessary to incite trouble. By immature posters I mean only the people that post to purposely bash and inflame, not the posters that merely offer dissenting points of view. I for one have no problem offering my true name and even phone number, my name is Elliot Speidell, I'm a senior in music education at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff Arizona, and play in the Wind Symphony, orchestra, and for some reason am lead in jazz I this semester, which is under the direction of Joel DiBartolo. The short of this post is if you want to flame go somewhere else, flames are what have caused Lee to do what he did, if you don;t like it, start dealing with the flamers. Peace Out-

ChopsMcgraw

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: ChopsMcgraw on 2002-08-28 14:42 ]</font>

Chops I can not agree more with your post. I completely do not understand just because someone uses a different embouchure they have to bash another approach to playing.

The FLAMING is getting to be a big turn off. I thought we were here to extoll the love of trumpet and learn from each other. Just because another individual uses a different Method, Horn, Mouthpiece Etc., that does not give anyone the right to disparage another human being.

If someone thinks they are the only true coming of the "Trumpet God", please let us know. If not, "LEARN TO BE CIVIL" with your fellow players and human beings.

Also mentally Grow Up!
Phil

We cannot expect you to be with us all the time, but perhaps you could be good enough to keep in touch now and again."
- Sir Thomas Beecham to a musician during a rehearsal
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"I LOVE ANIMALS . . . (they taste good)!"

Ooops . . . time to "Don" the ol' asbestos suit!

Have a great weekend, my NW bad ol' friend!

Tom

READ THIS SICK POST AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I sit here at home...this Monday.
Due to a screw-loose and a screw up on my part.
My wife left for work in her car... with MY car keys in HER purse.

AH, A MORNING FREE TO MUSE...about my ANIMAL...CHICKEN STORY OF THE DAY!

AFTER a last suppa'perfect weekend at our favorite "get-a-way" at Cannon Beach Oregon... where I took my wife, daughter and my old demented body...
to await the final outcome of whether I would face the small remote chance that I would be back at work this morning...

(if the Vote by all the IAM Boeing workers would make the lame choice to SHOOT THEMSELVES IN THE BARE-BOTTOM...and in doing sooo, that we then equally, put the final terroristic act against our very own Airline Industry and bite the mouth that feeds us and sink sink the final dagger in the the bleeding heart of the Ledendary and worlds best Commercial Airplane maker left in this country or the world....AND FORCE A LONG TIME STRIKE!

Thankfully by a FLUKE, COMMON SENSE PREVAILED (BARLEY?)

BUT...LET'S NOT GO THERE.....back to the
"I JUST LOVE ANIMALS" THEY TASTE SO GOOD!"
How timely???

Tom!!!..
Carol and I on the return trip through the coast mountains found ourselves stuck in a long chain of cars following behind this HUGE 36 WHEELER' CHICKEN TRUCK...

that was over- stuffed with LIVE CHICKENS as it carreened and wound its way down this long stretch of road.

We were unfortunate enough to be the first car behind the truck,in that long long line of human souls that we equally held captive (like those mulititude of open cages of terrorized chickens)...
on their waaay to some rendering plant where they would be finally put to the final resting place, as our next "finger-lickin' chicken tenders-chicken winged-chicken fingered meals cooked in queeezie-fat as tonights..."LET THE COL. DO THE COOKING FEAST!
First, Seeing the snow storm of white feathers that were flying past our windshields was shocking enough, to say the least...but
you could also hear their pleading CRY'S FOR FREEDOM...BUT WORST OF ALL----
WAS THE SMELL AND THE RAIN STORM OF FLYING CHICKEN DROPPINGS, that we had to keep washing off my Infinit's badly stained windshield.
Not only was it just white residue...but it contained a reddish ooze, that no doubt left us wondering if those poor little critters where actually trying to commit "FEATHER-CARIE!" One can only guess...YuK..

'SICK STORY...LONG~~~~but bare with me as I need to share this horror with someone.

Last night while unloading the car from our return trip from hell....I LITTERALLY LOST MY COOKIES!!
I always...wash the salt air soon as possible afterwards..etc.BUT! BUT! BUT!- BUT...

when MY suffering eyeballs saw the carnage left on the grill and front end of my car.
I WAS SHOCKED!!!
It was filled with not only large amounts of chicken ooze...but even their little eyeballs, little chicken body parts...were equally adorned and adhered to the front along with 4 hrs of bug splatterings which also included one sea gull body parts, that we hit while driving the long floating bridge at Astoria as it crosses the inlet seperating Ore. from Wa.
but the worst nightmare of all, was....
when I washed the car BY HAND!!! THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE FROM HELL...

it took extra care..BACKFLUSHING THE RADIATOR AND AIRCONDITIOR MESHING AND GRILL.
After flushing all the feathers and chicken parts..down the driveway and into the storm drains, I wonder if the EPA will fine me for the polution to our streams and water ways.
Whatever!!!
But I can assure you, Tom and fellow trumpeters...
I have lost considerable appetite for my love for good ol' saaathurn' fraaaayed Chicken.
Saddest thing of all...gee!
Chickens have no lips...or Chops! Sadly they will never exprience the thrill of blowing double C's..)) and all that jazz.
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don, cool story but don't you think that it's just a bit long in the middle of this debate about whether or not the SC forum should be private?

I don't understand the hostility toward each other from the different camps. The discussion about the different embouchure types seems to be the furthest thing from the mind in this haggle about who said what and who got offended when.

I try to keep an open mind to anything that might help my playing whether it's CG, SC, Caruso or any other method. Long ago I realized that there is no "right" way to approach the horn, that pretty much everyone has their own way, even if they say that they use X method to play.

Why don't we try to wipe the slate clean and start anew with open minds? If we approach cautiously, we might just find that those that we think are enemies are actually friends. An interesting quote that I'll end with is this:

--"Be careful whose toes you step on now. Later they might be attached to the foot that's attached to the leg that's attached to the butt you have to kiss."
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GADS...YES!!!

I GRABBED THE WRONG...SLOTTTTTT AGAIN...I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE "ANY SLOPP GOES AREA" we call the "SCROUNGE...uuuh, the LOUNGE or just should have forwarded it via' E to Tom Turner...
MY APPOLOS..AGAIN GANG!
DUMB AND DUMMA'DON )
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPA'SLOPPYCHOPS...unto others as they would SLOBBE onto YOOOZE and whether it be a locked private thang'????

"There must be 50 ways to leave your LOVA'"and many many many more ways to HOLD AND TOOT YER' HORN, AND A-T-Jazz.
I for one, ever since gleaning my Callet horns...still stand in amazement about the strong feeling about the plus and minus of SS...but for my personal meager thoughts. I feel after listening to soooooooooooo many folks debate Sloppy Chops routine. I still feel that many first timers...TEND TO GO TOO FAR with Jeromes illustrations, when in fact to me, the very smallest and slightest changes when it comes to bunching and moving the gum and mp. line UP, many first timers GO BOARD with toooo much movement, when making smaller less drastic changes should be tried first when trying to accelerate the airstream for the upper register...when in fact the tongue position is the FINAL KEY...ANYHOO???
Perry dAndrea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaDbOy,

I humbly BESEECH your badness to NOT change EITHER of two things:
1. That BAD ole Handle
2. That BAD ole STYLE in which you post.

When *I* get all CAUGHT UP, the needle on that TEMP gauge starts climbin' toward that RED BAR. YOU, on the other hand, have one incredible RADIATOR that allows you to go FULL BLAST and not melt anything down. THAT'S an ART, brotha.

My hat remains OFF...

NO CHANGES ALLOWED for the bAdBoY!!!

pd

http://www.perrydandrea.com

http://perrydandrea.com/doc.wav
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
On 2002-09-16 14:31, trickg wrote:

--------------------------------------------------
Don, cool story but don't you think that it's just a bit long in the middle of this debate about whether or not the SC forum should be private?
-------------------------------------------------

can't be, badboy longwinded, na, and all that jazz.

i do agree with you patrick, i think all the different embouchures bring something to the table, just hope for the badboys sake, it's not chicken.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-27 16:32, William Bentley wrote:

The SC forum was a private forum in the very begining of the dedicated forums for the simple reason that John Mohan and his gleeful bashers from the Gordon and the anti embouchure camp could not stand it because
there were so many SC posts in the open forum.

WB

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: William Bentley on 2002-08-27 16:59 ]</font>

Point of correction Mr. Bentley:

The SC forum was a private forum before I even joined the Trumpet Herald.

Sincerely,

John Mohan
William Bentley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very incorrect John!

The SC guys had been bashed by you in a total of 4 different threads prior to the development of the first dedicated forum. Not to mention that before the dedicated forums most every thread about SC where a person asked for help flammers would dive in and degenerate the thread. Yes that was right here in this very forum John. Lucky for you that as a means to curt your hostile behavior the SA allowed you to become a moderator and your ugly threads were removed completely by the SA because they did not befit the attitude or actions of a moderator.
No sooner than that was done you made two more caustic threads attacking posters who had took a stand against your arrogance. Later they were also removed.
John you conveniently and repeatedly have used the fact that your messes have been cleaned up behind you as a way to pretend to have a little halo over your head.
Not only were you around John since the start of this newest forum but you were all over the place fighting bugleboy last summer and making comments like "I wouldn't recomend SC to anyones playing that I cared about" earlier in 2001.
Readers beware!

WB

[ This Message was edited by: William Bentley on 2002-09-20 03:54 ]
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-09-20 03:22, William Bentley wrote:
Very incorrect John!

...Not only were you around John since the start of this newest forum but you were all over the place fighting bugleboy last summer and making comments like "I wouldn't recomend SC to anyones playing that I cared about" earlier in 2001.
Readers beware!

WB

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: William Bentley on 2002-09-20 03:54 ]</font>

I think you are wrong William, but I could be wrong, too. I don't have any written information or other reference to access concerning exact dates. But it seems to me that from the first date I joined the Herald, SuperChops was private.

As for your quote of what I wrote ("I wouldn't recomend SC to anyones playing that I cared about"):

I still wouldn't.

I certainly hope you misquoted me a bit, because the spelling and grammar in that sentence were deplorable. It should read:

"I wouldn't recommend SC to anyone who’s playing I cared about.”

Does that make me evil, Mr. Bentley?

I think I’d be evil to recommend SC to anyone, given my personal opinion of the approach. But if it works for you (or anyone) than I am sincerely happy for you. Really.

Sincerely,

John Mohan

P.S. I recommend that we lay off the bickering and get to practicing.
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

...and making comments like "I wouldn't recomend SC to anyones playing that I cared about" earlier in 2001.
Readers beware!

WB

Gosh William, the last time I checked, that is an honest assesment and opinion, and one that he is entitled to. Just because it doesn't seem to match up with your opinions doesn't make him wrong. Can you tell me what is so bad about that? To John Mohan, a successfull, currently working, professional trumpeter, the method to learn is the Claude Gordon method. It worked for him just as it has worked for others. This isn't to say that SC doesn't work, but John should be entitled to his opinion without being bashed for it.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
William Bentley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-09-20 08:37, trickg wrote:
Quote:

...and making comments like "I wouldn't recomend SC to anyones playing that I cared about" earlier in 2001.
Readers beware!

WB

Gosh William, the last time I checked, that is an honest assesment and opinion, and one that he is entitled to. Just because it doesn't seem to match up with your opinions doesn't make him wrong. Can you tell me what is so bad about that? To John Mohan, a successfull, currently working, professional trumpeter, the method to learn is the Claude Gordon method. It worked for him just as it has worked for others. This isn't to say that SC doesn't work, but John should be entitled to his opinion without being bashed for it.

trickg

trickg
You simply do not see what is going on here. I pointed out that John Mohan is being untruthful and is LYING about his earlier involvement in this forum. I can prove it and many posters remember it all too well about the time which John has conveniently forgotten about. I said nothing about contesting or denying him his right to make comments about SC. Simply pointed out one of his famous slurs against SC which happened long before nearly a year before there was dedicated forums.
John has a growing number of posts right now where he is trying to put a halo over his head and is leaving out information and making changes to suit his agenda.
trickg if you want to defend such a person fine.

WB

[ This Message was edited by: William Bentley on 2002-09-20 19:14 ]
William Bentley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-09-20 08:37, trickg wrote:
Quote:

Readers beware!

WB

An honest assesment????
No it its NOT!
Because John Mohan is on record all over the forum contradicting himself. First he says he knows exactly what SC is. Then when he is cornered and admits that he does not even have the SC book and does not want to even bother getting it for fear of thinking that others would think that he is trying to do SC.
This clearly identifies that John is NOT in a position to be making an HONEST assesment.
Much less one of painting a negative picture or making negative statements in public of all places.
That is the actions of a very arrogant and mean spirited person who behaves in such a way.

Posted: 2002-09-13 06:18 By John Mohan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In fairness, I want to add that I know no more about "SuperChops" then what I have been able to find at various sites (including the main SC site) on the Internet.

This is not a method I have tried, so I can't say that it definitely does not work.
-----------------------------------------------------

Above is a direct quote from John Mohan himself.
So now tell me how in the world he is capable of making an HONEST assesment of SC?
Later in the same thread from where the above quote came he makes remarks to discredit the embouchure observations that are a part of SC.

John has had a field day around here lately and when I point out about his lying about his earlier forum involvement .
Guess what he wants to do?
Now John Mohan says he wants to stop the bickering.
The bickering has been him running rampant around here lately and now that people are starting to respond back pointing out where he is being untruthful, and the illogical irrational way that he supports his actions and statements has only just begun to surface.
No wonder John wants to quit now.

WB

[ This Message was edited by: William Bentley on 2002-09-20 19:30 ]
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an honest assesment of his opinion for him to say 'I wouldn't recommend SC to anyone who's playing I care about'.

He is not attempting to make an assessment of SC, it's pros or cons. He is assesing his opinion about SC. Whether that opinion is founded in anything at all is a moot point at this particular juncture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: