• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mark VanCleve, Did I get burned again?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eb1ch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh. the voice of reason spoils our revenge fun. He is right of course....

How about if someone pdf's their book and email it to me?? I only ordered book 1. Please??? Van Cleave is unresponsive.
richiebee
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're going to let MVC sit on people's money while you do all the work? Wow. You people are good... at being slaves.

I've seen so much crap on this guy about not filling orders. Isn't it about time his business was closed? I don't care how well meaning he is, he's not fulfilling an obligation. I can't think of anywhere else you'd put up with such a thing.

R.
Yamaha YFH-631G, GR E62FL

Last edited by richiebee on Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
JimDuck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Minasian,
If you're such a good friend of Mr. VanCleave, then maybe you could let him know that he doesn't excactly have a fine reputation in our community. Wouldn't it be nice if he were to come to our forum and explain himself? He allegedly stole from people. Many times. What kind of friend is that? I don't have friends that are theives.
J.D.
Scooter01
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trpthawaii wrote:
Hey guys, two wrongs don't make a right. Mark Van Cleave is a friend of mine and though I have no answer as to why some books have not been mailed or have been slow in being shipped, I know he has no criminal intent and doubt he'd appreciate having his copyright violated. Some of you have talked of bringing fraud charges against Mark for not mailing you his book. Well, I teach music business and copyright and can tell you that intentional violation of copyright carries a federal fine of up to $150,000 PER VIOLATION (that would be $150K for Each and Every download of the book). If you have gripes with Mark and want to know where your book is, his website is
Mark Minasian

What would be the punishment for MAIL FRAUD?
retcnihps
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh please

$150,000 for copying Maximizing Practice Vol. 1 and then another $150,000 for copying Vol 2 bringing the total out to about $300,000 for those silly books. Ya right. I would love to see that get handed down to some musician/trumpet player by the feds. I'm sure that is a top concern.

Van Thief is a crook. He has ripped off countless people and I think it is incredibly funny that now he thinks people are going to send him checks for trumpets.

trpthawaii wrote:
Well, I teach music business and copyright and can tell you that intentional violation of copyright carries a federal fine of up to $150,000 PER VIOLATION (that would be $150K for Each and Every download of the book).
Guy NoVa
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trpthawaii wrote:
If you have gripes with Mark and want to know where your book is, ... His email address is:

mark@markvancleave.com

for those of you who haven't received a book or are curious but don't trust sending him your money. All I can suggest is that you contact him and try to work out the situation amicably.

Well, the problem with that is I HAVE EMAILED HIM and got no response.

He's got my money (something like $45) and I do not have the books he was supposed to send. I've emailed him MANY times. What good did it do? None. As far as I can tell, he is a crook. Sorry to have to say it, but that's the way it appears to me.

If you go back and read some of the old TH threads about this fellow, you'll find reports of him joking about getting money for free and never sending anything out in return.

I hope he's a heck of a trumpet player, because as a human being he seems sorely lacking in decency.
Eclipse Flugel
Courtois Chambord Cornet
Pocket Max
308WIN
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooter01 wrote:
trpthawaii wrote:
Hey guys, two wrongs don't make a right. Mark Van Cleave is a friend of mine and though I have no answer as to why some books have not been mailed or have been slow in being shipped, I know he has no criminal intent and doubt he'd appreciate having his copyright violated. Some of you have talked of bringing fraud charges against Mark for not mailing you his book. Well, I teach music business and copyright and can tell you that intentional violation of copyright carries a federal fine of up to $150,000 PER VIOLATION (that would be $150K for Each and Every download of the book). If you have gripes with Mark and want to know where your book is, his website is
Mark Minasian

What would be the punishment for MAIL FRAUD?

Mail fraud is a serious FEDERAL FELONY and is not to be something taken lightly. Whenever I buy something (particularly something expensive) from someone who is not an established merchant (such as MVC) I always try to pay via postal money order. As much as it seems like a joke, you don't want the USPS pissed off at you.

Here's how you file....
http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps8165.pdf

Each violation carries a maximum of 5 years in a federal pen. So do the math. However many people Mark has hosed x 5.

Unfortunately, sometimes the threat of legal action is the only thing that gets some scammers to listen.

I don't care how good of a trumpet player he is, a crook is a crook and standing by someone just because he's "one of us" is pure idiocy.

R

9/11/01 Never forget those who died. Never forget those who killed them.

Last edited by 308WIN on Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LFRoberts5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any and all BURN victims:

Email me!
B6L
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has really taken off!!!!

I have book 1&2 which I really like. I ordered "Zen And The Art Of Trumpet Playing"............for all those who have emailed me this is the one I am looking for.

Nate
retcnihps
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that great info 308WIN. Why do you use the postal money order? In reading through the information it looks like you can pay with anything and they will still investigate. Do you feel better using the Postal money order? Have you ever had to use this service?

308WIN wrote:

Here's how you file....
308WIN
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retcnihps wrote:
Thanks for that great info 308WIN. Why do you use the postal money order? In reading through the information it looks like you can pay with anything and they will still investigate. Do you feel better using the Postal money order? Have you ever had to use this service?

308WIN wrote:

Here's how you file....

I use Postal m/o when I'm buying "high dollar" stuff. It's just a little extra insurance and the USPS seems to act a little quicker.

R

9/11/01 Never forget those who died. Never forget those who killed them.
soulmanpete

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not happy orded books on a recomendation from a friend .That was 10 weeks ago still no books . However Mark has taken my money ...thats stealing Mark ...this guy seems to be a crook !
dobs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any news on this? Has anyone waiting for the books received them in the meantime or at least gotten a response from Mark?

I have ordered Books 1+2 and his book on Improvisation almost three months ago and still didn't get them. Obviously the money has been taken...

I am a trained lawyer and if this would have been happening down here in Germany (where I'm admitted), I'd know what to do. Anyway I definetely want to solve this amicably.

Kai
B6L
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little over a year since I posted and still nothing......
dobs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B6L wrote:
A little over a year since I posted and still nothing......

That's just ridiculous! Did you try to contact him by email?
B6L
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes many times!!
hose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nothing new. Over five years ago I ordered his books. Sent him my check and he cashed it. I waited about six weeks for the books to arrive and then started sending him e-mails. I probably sent three e-mails that first six months. I inquired among friends who told me he has a bad reputation so I gave up. Two years after placing my order, the books arrived! It is amazing how his friends defend him with a number of excuses. Like he is "very busy". Or he is "on the road a lot". I don't think they "get it" either. If he is going to be in the mail order business, he should send out the merchandise promptly

Picketts
Yamaha 6335RC
Yamaha 8335RS
Lawler Flugel
Kanstul cornet
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder folks:

Moderators

Communications with Third Parties Through TrumpetHerald.com

Your dealings or communications through TrumpetHerald.com with any party other than TrumpetHerald.com are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of TrumpetHerald.com may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In most cases, these transactions will be conducted by third-party advertisers and vendors. You expressly agree that under no circumstances will TrumpetHerald.com be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with those policies and practices before you engage in any transaction. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: