• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha double case features?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caedes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new Yamaha Xeno came with one of those nifty double trumpet cases. It has a thin divider that runs diagonally across the case to separate the two trumpets. In this divider are cut 4 slots. I can't figure out what exactly they were meant for. My metronome will fit in one of them, but two of the slots have a step in the bottom that leads me to believe they have a specific use. Does anyone know about this?
loudog
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-19 13:04, caedes wrote:
My new Yamaha Xeno came with one of those nifty double trumpet cases. It has a thin divider that runs diagonally across the case to separate the two trumpets. In this divider are cut 4 slots. I can't figure out what exactly they were meant for. My metronome will fit in one of them, but two of the slots have a step in the bottom that leads me to believe they have a specific use. Does anyone know about this?

It's for an extra set of slides. If you put an Eb/D trumpet in the other side of the case, you can put the extra slides in the slots. Works quite well actually.
caedes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my second or third idea, but none of my Bach C/Bb slides wanted to fit in it very well. I guess it is designed for Yamaha slides.
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'd had one of those cases since 1993, and I never figured that out.
loudog
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they are more for smaller slides, like for an Eb/D trumpet. I know someone that has the Yamaha 9610, which you replace the bell and all slides to change key. The other bell and the slides fit in the case perfectly. I'm not sure why Yamaha includes that case with most of its trumpets, because most don't need the extra slides, but oh well. My Yamaha 6345HGSII came with one of those, and I used them for other things, like a snake and stuff like that. I don't use the case anymore for anything but storage (switched to all Wolfpak cases).
Palestrina
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just out of curiosity, how do you like your new Xeno? I play a 6335 HG (circa 1993) and wonder wht they're like. Thanks for your reply.
caedes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have the 8335RGS model. I can only speak from solo playing experience since I've not been to ensemble practice yet, but so far I am very pleased. The craftmanship is almost flawless (the valves need aligning slightly). It increased my usable range by two notes. I'm still getting used to the heavy everything. I'll let you know more when I get back from band practice tomorrow night.
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought a Yamaha 6335H it came with that case. I ended up selling the horn but I kept the case. I like it. I've seen them sell on ebay for pretty reasonble prices.

rich
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Yamaha Double case... it is so small considering it has two horns in it... but there certainly isn't room for anything else ... maybe you can wedge a bottle or two of valve oil in... that's about it.... but it's great if you are carrying two horns and you don't need mutes, etc.

http://www.stickam.com/wb0wls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: