• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wolfpak 2.5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
big brian
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys.

Can anyone tell me what the Wolfpak 2.5 tpt/picc case is like and if the wheels and retractable handle really make a big difference? I've been having some small back problems recently, and I dont think my brass bags triple is doing me any good when I have to walk any REASONABLY big distance with it...at which point I generally wind up with a rather large red mark on my shoulder, so that shows how much stuff i have to put in it!

Also, would my schilke picc fit in the picc bay?

Please, any general comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian
bj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-09-15 08:13, big brian wrote:
hey guys.

Can anyone tell me what the Wolfpak 2.5 tpt/picc case is like and if the wheels and retractable handle really make a big difference? I've been having some small back problems recently, and I dont think my brass bags triple is doing me any good when I have to walk any REASONABLY big distance with it...at which point I generally wind up with a rather large red mark on my shoulder, so that shows how much stuff i have to put in it!
Also, would my schilke picc fit in the picc bay?
Please, any general comments would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Brian

Hi Brian
Sorry I can't help you about the Wolfpak mate but if you'd like to try something different I do have an AMR triple you could try. It is the rucksack style with 2 very well padded straps. It fits three large instruments, even a flugel + 2 Bbs so accomodating the stuff you normally carry in the Warren bag wouldn't be a problem. Each instrument is carried in it's own well padded, removable "tube". Also has room for accesories and music. If you liked it a swap would be good, I have hardly ever used it outside as I bought it to keep the instruments I have at home that I bought without cases.
Cost of the AMR is about £250/275 mark I seem to remember so it's no tacky item.
It could be with you within a day or two if you were interested.
all the best
Brian Jones
trumpeterb
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wolfpak 2.5. I got the one with the backpack straps, not the wheels, but I know someone that has one with the wheels. I have my bach Bb, C, and Stomvi Pic in the case, and they fit fine. My pic is a copy of your pic, so yours should fit as well. You have to arrange them in a specific order, however, to get it to work best. The Bb horn must go in the back of the case, the C must go in the middle, and the Pic must go in the front. My friend really likes the wheels on his. He also has a bad back, and it has helped him. He has two Monettes and a pic in his case. Due to the shape of the Monettes, he has to turn his pic upside down to make it fit in the case, but when he does, it fits fine. These cases provide a great deal of protection, and I really like them. Good luck with your choice, and I hope whatever you choose helps your back.

Andy
boofredlay
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on a couple of sites as well as this one and I think it would stand true for what you have to haul.
Eric

I too was struggling with the flugel/trumpet case problem. Also, I was not too hot on the idea of carrying my mutes and flugel in a big bag or case if I only needed my trumpet for a particular gig. I have a large bag that will hold both horns, 5+ mutes, all my music, both stands, a music stand, my cleaning kit, blah blah blah. But I can already see myself hurting my horns in a soft case.

I took a clue from my wife. She is a school teacher and has to lug to work everyday; many books, file folders, crafts and her purse (which is the heaviest of all). She bought a folding crate from Staples and it has served her very well for over a year now. It is very sturdy and has not shown any signs of wear. It has wheels and a telescoping handle.

When I need my Flugel, Trumpet, mutes and music, it all fits inside the crate in their original cases (hard cases). If I just need my trumpet and a mute or two, I just grab my trumpet case and go.

The best part, it only cost me $22

Now I tried to find the product link on Staples' website and could not. Sorry
However, it's called the Folding Crate. It is Black and grey and measures 13"D, 15.5"W and 15"H. The wheels are 3" in diameter which will travel easily over most surfaces. It might not be the best for going up stairs but I don't see that being a problem.

Happy hunting.

Eric

[ This Message was edited by: boofredlay on 2003-01-03 08:35 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: