• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blocklists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone:

The forum 'Blocklist' feature is now active. What does this do?

By clicking on 'Block User' on any user's post, you will add this user to your blocklist. This means that you will never see any posts from this person, in any topic, at any time. You must be logged in to add users to your blocklist, and to have the feature filter the members you place on your list.

If you get tired of reading posts from someone, simply add him/her to your list, and, voila, you'll never see anything from them again! You can edit your blocklist by following the link from the 'Edit Preferences' page.

Note, that this will also be effective for posters who post a great number of troll-type messages, such as has occurred recently.
PC
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Todd,

Can one also see if one is blocked by others?

That would be interesting, so as to spare time when addressing someone who is not even reading what you have to say!

Regards,
Pierre.
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps!
I HAVE BEEN BLOCKED...OUT INTO OUTTA CYBERSPACE???? just when I was starting to have sooooooooooooo much fun HACKLING THE HIDE OF SO MANY GREAT SOULS ON THIS WONDERFUL FORUM BOARD!

Sounds like an interesting concept, but I for one, will choose to receive flack from just about anybody. As much as I disagree or those who intensely "punch me valve-stems" for the most part anyone who loves trumpet and trumpet music...(cool, geek, or Badboy-bud) still must have some social redeeming value....I will choose to ignor BLOCKING OUT the block-heads. But that is what is so great about this good old USA and our freedom loving neigbors all over the world. FREE SPEECH is to to treasured.
!@#$%^ DARN! Fell off my soap-box cyberspace stage again.
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like TH has added a bodyguard. cool. just wish the block could be felt a little, hey todd, what about it?? maybe program a hand to jump out of the screen and slap someone you block?? that's a winner.
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, a hand to reach out and slap ya one ... That might lighten things up a bit here! hehehe

As far as making the blocklists available 'in reverse,' that might cause more flaming than it stops. Hafta think about that one.
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-09-26 12:28, BADBOY-DON wrote:
Opps!
I HAVE BEEN BLOCKED...OUT INTO OUTTA CYBERSPACE???? just when I was starting to have sooooooooooooo much fun HACKLING THE HIDE OF SO MANY GREAT SOULS ON THIS WONDERFUL FORUM BOARD!

Sounds like an interesting concept, but I for one, will choose to receive flack from just about anybody. As much as I disagree or those who intensely "punch me valve-stems" for the most part anyone who loves trumpet and trumpet music...(cool, geek, or Badboy-bud) still must have some social redeeming value....I will choose to ignor BLOCKING OUT the block-heads. But that is what is so great about this good old USA and our freedom loving neigbors all over the world. FREE SPEECH is to to treasured.
!@#$%^ DARN! Fell off my soap-box cyberspace stage again.

ROFL Badboy your posts never fail to bring a smile to my face! Keep it coming! Yep, nobody sez you have to use the blocklist. But, for those who may like to, it's there. Plus, you may find yourself using it when some clown comes along and posts a bunch of junk.
Wheat_Grass_Juice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the saying go? ...The rain falls on the just and the unjust... BUT this forum is only for those whom you want to look at. Looks like that TH has become so self righteous that everyone can decide where the "rain" (free speech) should fall.

Liad
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIAD!
YOU TAIN'T HEAVY...YOU ARE MY BRUUUTHA'-IN BRASS AND SHOFAR HORN!
Me and my Prayer Warriors...have you on our list,each and every day. Perhaps one day...all of us may again, live in justice-peace and love!
I fear daily that all nations of our world may find a new road to a safer and more sane world...
RIGHT NOW! TWO OR MORE AND LEGIONS MORE...IN HIS GREAT NAME, pray that our nations leaders will find a way to defuse this INSANE-SADUM'INSANE!!! How can something really so basically simple...BE SO HARD FOR HUMANKIND to understand.
We here at Boeing Commerical see a PICTURE SOOOO CLEARLY that if we can not find a peaceful resolution and quickly.
Well, all freedom loving nations...are in for some very very dark days of dispair...
LIKE THAT SONG SAYS..."THERE IS A STORM ON THE HORIZON...LET THE WIND BLOW!!! (ala' The FIRST CALL singers)

TOM TURNER!!!(if you are lurking) HEY BUD!!! TWO OR MORE IN HIS NAME..."LET'S BREAK OUT THOSE GOLDEN CORNETS...AND LET'S PLAY A PRAYER!!! for Liad, our nation, for all of us, including our own retro Mr. Mohead...and all that jazz. ))
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Liad Bar-EL on 2002-10-02 12:52 ]
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious to know if one can block himself off TH and go into lurking? Then he/she will not see anything posted about him/her.

Liad

[ This Message was edited by: Liad Bar-EL on 2002-10-01 03:04 ]
Nicholas Dyson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you Block List your Liad username, or your Wheat Grass Juice username? Maybe you could get into a flame war with yourself. That would be solid entertainment there!
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahhhh, nick's still alive!!! and funny!!!
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Liad Bar-EL on 2002-10-02 12:51 ]
spanky
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, and my horn playing has become remarkably improved, overnite!!

thanks liad, i declare myself well now, since i have nick's sound on the horn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: