• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

2 mpcs in one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may seem like a crazy idea; however, I have to get it off my chest.

If have two straight trumpets exactly the same size with no valves; so, could a mouthpiece be made with two shanks so as to play effectively those two trumpets?

Liad

"A genius is one who can do anyting except make a living."
---Joey Adams
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would probably be more practical to combine the lead pipes past the receiver. By splitting the shank of the mouthpiece, you are disturbing the air turbulence and volume (of air) needed to effectively produce the vibrations needed for horn resonance. No matter how you look at it though, you still need alot of air to fill up both horns at once.
There is a gentleman (whose name and website I can't recall), who makes novelty double and triple horns or one horn with multiple bells in various stages of ornamentation. FWIW

"May the good sound be yours!"

"Always remember to blow into the proper end of the horn!"-circa. 1900 (Harry Gardoon)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: