• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

yes, i know i need i a life....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: yes, i know i need i a life.... Reply with quote

plus they gotta make chem class more interesting

WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on making it to the weekend.

Hopefully there won't be any chemical reactions when all that ink seeps down into your pores.
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naw ill be fine. its a shame i didnt have my camera on my last hand art. that was so much cooler. chemistry isnt that bad actually. but today i just felt motivated to do that. most of my classes are interesting actually. lets see:

math: got mr. butz. funny as heck and loves to make fun of people and make great jokes, half of them im not gonna repeat here since this is a family friendy forum. and yet we still manage to learn a ton of stuff real well.
english: well yes this class is kinda boring. i should take a pic of the nice pic i drew in that class. i got "the luebbinator" (ms... i mean doctor luebbe)
spanish: taught by a short fat old mexican... it gotta be fun! lol just kidding i dont have any prejudices against mexicans. but this is a really fun class
euro: boring yet interesting at the same time. got a boring yet interesting teacher. its so weird idk whether it is boring or interesting
religion: me bored in religion? naw. im too busy finishing the other classes homework. religion is the easiest class with fr. mark
chemistry: it can get boring at times. i have to be with the CP junior class because of schedule conflicts instead of the sophomore honors. fun, but when she repeats the stuff so many times because the kids dont really listen because they dont care, then it can get boring. i usually do this drawing when i quickly finish the work she gives us then start on my hand while waiting for others to finish
band: best class of the day! bored? heck no! cept for one song where we got 162 measures of rest. and yes its in 4/4.

ok so maybe my day is kinda boring. oh well
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr the photo is all fuzzy
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! A fellow hand-doodler!!!

*high fives Sam*

Though, my mom gets mad at me when I write on my hand, so I don't do it that much anymore. *tears*

I'd love to see a better focused picture of the one you posted (the one on paper) becuase it looks like a really good pic! (And it looks like it might be a cute picture too...if I'm not mistaken....)

I'll have to post a pic or two of some of the stuff I've drawn during classes/assemblies/lunch. lol.

Actually, I'll be right back...let me go find some of that stuff. (Warning: It's not that great.)

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
Kadune
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life on the Mississippi! or Huckleberry Finn! (that's what I think of when I see that picture)
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
math: got mr. butz. funny as heck and loves to make fun of people and make great jokes

Thanks for the rundown. When I got out of the Air Force, I taught HS math for a couple years and tried to "liven it up a bit." Some of the kids got my jokes, and some of them didn't. I taught remedial math and good old "general math." Some of the kids got very bored because the material was the same old stuff they've been hearing since the 6th grade.

One of the most gratifying moments of my short teaching career was when one young lady wrote in my year book that she could tell I was really trying hard to make the class interesting and that she never "got math" before being in my class.

You know this is true: there are some teachers that truly have a passion for you kids and for the topic they teach, and some of them burned out long ago and are just trying to survive until retirement age. Hopefully the majority of your classes are taught by the former! (Heh... wait 'til you get to college and get a tenured prof that's more interested in his/her research than he/she is the students!)
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kadune wrote:
Life on the Mississippi! or Huckleberry Finn! (that's what I think of when I see that picture)

congratulations! you win the (nonexistant) prize! thats exactly what it was. we just started the book huckleberry finn and i was sitting there bored in english class
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WxJeff wrote:
Quote:
math: got mr. butz. funny as heck and loves to make fun of people and make great jokes

Thanks for the rundown. When I got out of the Air Force, I taught HS math for a couple years and tried to "liven it up a bit." Some of the kids got my jokes, and some of them didn't. I taught remedial math and good old "general math." Some of the kids got very bored because the material was the same old stuff they've been hearing since the 6th grade.

One of the most gratifying moments of my short teaching career was when one young lady wrote in my year book that she could tell I was really trying hard to make the class interesting and that she never "got math" before being in my class.

You know this is true: there are some teachers that truly have a passion for you kids and for the topic they teach, and some of them burned out long ago and are just trying to survive until retirement age. Hopefully the majority of your classes are taught by the former! (Heh... wait 'til you get to college and get a tenured prof that's more interested in his/her research than he/she is the students!)

yeah mr butz truly is an amazing teacher. we learn so much, yet we have so much fun in his class. and he got a nickname for everybody. mine being koleslaw (kolis, koleslaw. get it? ) as the normal one, along with whatever he feels like making up that day. he likes also to call me slammin sam. lol. he has the bulletin board covered in all sorts of hilarious comics, pictures, stories, and such. one such example was a picture of a news headline: "morgue shooting spree: 12 remain dead". hehe.

hes been teaching for who knows how many years, and also teaches math at XU. and hes very dedicated. he has allotted enough vacation days where if he wanted he could take vacation for a whole school year!lol. also he only teaches honors students, he does not want to teach the CP, CO, or Remedial. he has the most fun teaching us. and because hes been at bacon for tons of years, hes the head of the math department and can have control like that.

lol his favorite number is six. all you latin scholars that know how to spell six in latin may get it .

but i must say he has really made me interested in math! he truly is an amazing teacher!
silverstar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okies...here ya go, Sam.

And this is an extra...the flash on my camera turned this pic an eerie blue color...kinda cool.

Sorry about the crappy lighting...the pics aren't that yellow.

Lara

I may falter, I may fall, but I will get back up and keep at it. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see thats what i wish i could draw! but heres some drawing skills im so jealous of. a friend of mine drew these:

more here:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/k/e/kemper/kemper.html

Last edited by RBtrumpet08 on Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol woops guess it wont show those pics i just posted. well just go to the website and view them there.

hmm wonder if these pics of my pic are any clearer.

RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol here about the extent of my drawing skills. this is why i stick to trumpet. this is from eigth grade:
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just painted that. was inspired by my school picture used my 3 year old sister's water colors used the blue all up
trumpet_goddess
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow and i thought i was bored in school
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh that hand only took one class period.
ycfeng

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice hockey blanket
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marion
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine and me wrote words that started with the letter F all over a piece of paper during our last Norwegian class. We gave it to our norwegian teacher, and then he said "are my classes THAT boring?"
RBtrumpet08
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ycfeng wrote:
nice hockey blanket

nice hockey blanket? please explain
trumpet_goddess
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this one time in History I was really bored with my teacher's endless rambling and My friend and I were seeing who could make the most baskets with little paper balls. Well my horrible aim took a turn for the worst and hit my teacher in the head. Needless to say i got a detention for it. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: