• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kalijah, Syntax, and Mohan, et. al

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Rowe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Scott wrote:
Quote:
Just watch them play: those who seem like they are in great pain while playing (and this seems to be the majority) fall in the "not so good" category. That leaves a few "good" ones! Check the pics of some TH members

Riiiigggght! This has to rank up there with one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I've got a picture of Al Hirt that would qualify as 'looking as if he was in pain'----and he could play circles around you! Dizzy looked rather comical with his cheeks stuck way out, but man could he play. Do I need to go on with other examples? .....

Bill

Upon watching me play, with attendant facial grimacing and torso contortions, someone told me I looked like I just had a coffee-enema.

~~ Namaste .... Yogi Robt

I miss Genghis Khan ....
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Joe, and anyone else, FTM:

If you don't like reading such debate, I have a simple and effective suggestion:

Don't read it!

Navigate away, ASAP!

You choose to enter the debate or at least follow it, no one has forced you and the moderators obviously don't believe excessive space is being taken up with it on this site.

To risk delving into R/P tactics, The US is still a free country and the internet here is still relatively free as well. (Talk to a couple of my Chinese students about what's happened over there in the past 2 years with it.) I am always amazed at people who attempt to censor or modify the beliefs of others because they do not agree with them, even when said beliefs have absolutely no affect on the censor. You must be happy with your own playing, I can't believe anything anyone has on this topic is going to affect your ability one way or another. Get on with your life and let others do the same. Keep the internet free and allow for the free exchange of ideas.

It sounds like something out of some party platform. (OK, Mods, you can scratch that part...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: