• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Joe and Herb's Excellent Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardwy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Joe and Herb's Excellent Adventure Reply with quote

while practicing this morning, a thought crossed my mind that might FUN for whomever would like to participate.

we pick an arban's exercise and a clark technical study and work on 'em for a predetermined period of time and share with each other our results: whether our facility went up, down, or sideways.

in arbans, under the "first studies" section, #46 might be a likely candidate? i played through clarke's 4th technical study too this morning. not one i've worked on before.

the idea is to get a metronome on the studies when we commence. practice 'em for let's say . . . 4 days, and report where we stand.

what's fun, at least for me is that search for perfection, aka "the best i can play right now." edged note, clam, dee-dee-dee starts to come out KA-thunk, KA-thunk, THUNK-ka . . . decrease tempo. and it's way humbling if you count all small miscues and keep backing off tempo.

#46 in arban's 1st studies and clarke's 4th technical w/etude? 4 days? any takers for fun?

happy practicing,

richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: